Thread: Is it possible to make IMAP access to hotmail accounts?

Is it possible to make IMAP access to hotmail accounts?

I am using the hotmail account with the help of the Outlook express. The Outlook uses the POP account which uses the single file folder for same. Instead of POP i have seen that Gmail which uses the IMAP that gives the flexibility which gives the separate folder for each of the task liken inbox etc. I wanted to know Is it possible to make IMAP access to hotmail accounts?. Thanks in advance.

Re: Is it possible to make IMAP access to hotmail accounts?

I have gone through the detail that you have given me and let me tell you that it is not yet possible to use the IMAP into the Hotmail account as most of the user wanted to make the POP in the same. I think if Microsoft will go through the mail the he will defined introduce the IMAP in the future. This is what i know about the same.

This is the reason that is why i have switched to the Gmail which support the IMAP instead of the POP and gives the lots of functionality with the same. I was also using the Hotmail but does not like it most. If you wish then i will recommend you to use the Gmail and i am sure that you will like the same.

I have gone through all the above replies but having one more issue as i would like to move from the hotmail to the gmail as suggested by you but i am worried that whether it is possible to move my contact from hotmail to gmail. The contact are very important for me without which i can not make the same. So if you can then please let me know about the same.

For that you have to first save you contact to the outlook and then you can easily move the contact to the Gmail account which i think you are looking for. Just go through the below given link which will guide you and help you regarding the transfer of the hotmail account to the Gmail account. I hope you will like the same.
    Transfer contacts from Outlook to Gmail

As per your query there is some more thread link which i have got that is very helpful for transferring the data from Hotmail to Gmail that you are looking for. I have also gone through the same and let me tell you that this is very helpful
    tips for the same.
    How to get hotmail on gmail
    Transfer mail from Hotmail to Gmail