Thread: Windows 7- FIles in Desktop Folder do not appear on actual Desktop

Windows 7- FIles in Desktop Folder do not appear on actual Desktop

I am running with the installation of Windows 7 for a few months, I haven't got any single problem with this until that last round of updates. I made the booting of machine and everything on my Desktop got disappeared, including the Recycle Bin. After all , if I move to my Home folder, all of my files, links,directories and Recycle Bin are tagged there. If I copy or drag the specified components onto the Desktop, it suddenly got disappeared , but again is in my Desktop Folder.

I have tried entire applicable thing , I didn't got any resolution for this issue and the same problem in windows Vista. Any idea about the solution...

Re: Windows 7- FIles in Desktop Folder do not appear on actual Desktop

You can come up with disappeared the icons by making a right-click onto the desktop, try to get them and uncheck view desktop icons; then repeat and re-check the box. I was suffering with the same situation and the same thing worked for me ...

In case, if you will go for the advance changes onto your system with the highest privileges then you can do the following things :

1- Click on the Start menu and Type the command CMD, from the results, right click CMD
    2- Click on the 'Run as Administrator'option specified
    3- From the Command Prompt,you have to type out the command as : sfc /scannow

This will check for any integrity violations...

I am running with this very exact issue . What is interesting is that if you make a right click onto the actual desktop and make a directory then it doesn't display-up, but then if you move into the directory specified as "Desktop" the new folder you just have made is there. It seems as that Windows 7 does not detect the Desktop folder for what it is looking for. It is a fresh installation of windows 7 after all , it is an upgrade and I am just considering that if the upgraded version of Windows is creating the issues .I am curious to know about the proper fix regarding this ..

Quote Originally Posted by team leader View Post
    1- Click on the Start menu and Type the command CMD, from the results, right click CMD
    2- Click on the 'Run as Administrator'option specified
    3- From the Command Prompt,you have to type out the command as : sfc /scannow

This will check for any integrity violations...
    I am running with the same issue as described within the main thread . After doing the clean installation of Windows 7, it has been occurred. The way with the deactivating and activating once again the "view desktop items" is not working . I have issued the command as sfc /scannow suggested in the earlier post but there is no issues were detected.

According to my scenario, the "performance index" can't be measured, the issue got generated when determining the hard disk performance in the calculation of last stage .

I followed the way that you have suggested to me it is working for me. I considered that this was the similar as making the right-click onto the desktop of the computer system, "change personal preferences" and "change desktop items". Thought this just were two methods to replace the similar configurations . Fine , it is not commonly . But it is a bit confusing, those two, familiar-assuming configuration in different menus.

I am working on a Dutch Windows 7 , so my translations should not be exactly the same as in the "native" English Windows 7, but after all the issue has been resolved for me.

The same thing happened with me also . This is the fix that proved as feasible for me: you have to make a right click onto the desktop => "View" => check or uncheck the option as "Auto Arrange Icons".The entire files and folders will be shown, unfortunately all on another side. You will have to go for dragging and drop the same where you require but, your files would be moved back onto the desktop :-)

Hope this helps.