Thread: How to add lyrics and album art using windows media player 12 on Windows 7?

How to add lyrics and album art using windows media player 12 on Windows 7?

It was so easy to add lyrics, album art by using Windows Media Player 11 on Windows XP but since i have installed Windows 7 on my system on which i am using Windows Media Player 12, I so not see any feature like Advanced Tag Editor (ID3 tag editor) in this version of WMP. Can anybody tell me that how can i add lyrics and album art in WMP 12?

Re: How to add lyrics and album art using windows media player 12 on Windows 7?

I guess Windows Media Player 12 have not provided any such feature by which you can add lyrics or album art to the songs which you are playing on WMP 12. I think you should use some other software which lets you do this operation on the song collection which you have on your windows 7 system.

You wont be able to add the lyrics to the file from the Windows Media Player but for doing it i have found an another way. You have to open the Windows Explorer and then right click on the file on which you would like to add lyrics. Then go its properties and switch to the Summary Tab and then Advanced. Here you have to add up whatever you want in the Lyrics field.

I have found many people screaming about the same as Windows Media Player does not have anything to add lyrics or album art to the particular Media file. This is quite disappointing about the Windows Media Player but there is no other way to do it, Or else you may get back to the Windows Media Player 11 which was have bit good options then that of WMP 12.

I suggest you to download the TidySongs which is an easy and powerful program that will automatically add album art to all your songs and fix any misspelled or missing details. iTunes and other programs rely on correct information in your songs to work. Not TidySongs. Even if your song names have misspellings or missing info, TidySongs' intelligent database technology will find the matching artwork, remove duplicates and clean things up.

As there is no such function has been provided in Windows Media Player 12 by using which you can add lyrics to the songs which you listen on Media Player. But if you wish to do so then i suggest you to install an older version only which was i guess better then the new one. I guess microsoft have downgraded the Windows Media Player in its 12th version.