Thread: Windows 7 UAC Exceptions for specific programs

Windows 7 UAC Exceptions for specific programs

Hi everyone, I just need to query about something and I am suer you all will help me to remove out this confusion of mine . I wanted to know about the procedure to setup the Windows 7 UAC to allow particular third party softwares and games to run without getting prompted by the UAC. I don't want to remove out the UAC properly for non-administrator user accounts but I require to let such type of accounts run particular programs without being obstructed by the UAC in this scenario.Please help me to share your views regarding same ..

Thanks!

Re: Windows 7 UAC Exceptions for specific programs

There are several users always wanted to disable the UAC because there is no specific method to make disable the UAC for particular program. Is it really fine? No, this is not true. There is an build in method to perform this !

1. Start the computer management MMC .
    2. Right click onto the folder named as myTasks and choose "Create Task" and then type in a name: I always indicate them as "autoElevatePROGRAMNAME".
    3. Move to the tab "Actions" and choose the program you needed to run and then after click on the OK button to create the Task specified .
    4. Make a new shortcut onto your desktop and issue the suggested command given below:

C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /RUN /TN "myTasks\autoElevateProcessExplorer"

I am running with a lot of programs like skype with the special configuration (for skype, this is windows vista SP2 compatibility so it does not consume up my taskbar bar when I minimized that ). If I do that I receive a popup prompting me for the confirmation to run the selected application (allow it to make changes). I do not need to turn UAC properly off but even on the minimum configurations before turning this off, it contains the popups for my "special" applications. How do I associate the exceptions for my specific applications as I am running with quite some of them I run on a regular basis.

I am running with a lot of programs like skype with the special configuration (for
    skype, this is windows vista SP2 compatability so it does not consume up my taskbar bar when I minimized that ). If I do that I receive a popup prompting me for the confirmation to run the selected application (allow it to make changes). I do not need to turn UAC properly off but even on the minimum configurations before turning this off, it contains the popups for my "special" applications. How do I associate the exceptions for my specific applications as I am running with quite some of them I run on a regular basis.

You can go for the same programs always when you work but you still getting confirmation message regarding the User Account Control which pops up every time you start the system which is looking annoying. Where as , such prevent control also indicates better security that's why you should never properly turn off the User Account Control.

You can permanently privilege the programs and after performing so, Windows abstains from displaying the system messages when the programs getting started. you need to go for the Microsoft Application supported Toolkit for this. Vista needs authorization when applications like as tuning the applied tools, developer utilities, registry editors, security programs or even some games need to retrieve the system resources