Thread: Need to change rights to folders

Need to change rights to folders

My newly purchased laptop provided with the installation of Windows 7 home premium. I am the only the user working with the laptop, and need to be sure about the procedure to gain the actual rights to C:\users and all folders within this .

I have checked my account which does not contain the password is an admin account, but I am unable to provide myself privileges to such type of directories, including my own. I don't have the proper access to the recycle bin and documents directories. Any suggestion would be appreciated ...

Re: Need to change rights to folders

You can access some folders within the C:\Users folder,like as your own user folder.After all, you are not running with the permission to access the folders and some folder junctions from the account of another users . You also are unable to access the system folders like $RECYCLE.BIN and System Volume Information directories .

I would like to describe that there are some folders with the arrow icon are junction part . The folder itself is shaded out with the shortcut overlapping. If you are running with the "Hide protected operating system files" not checked, then you will get such types of junction sections. It is intended that the users are running with the inaccessibility to these junction sections . These points exist to facilitate backwards support for the previously installed programs that are not sure about the new folder structure within Windows 7. For instance, A program which is hardcoded to install the files within the old Application Data will be silently redirected to the AppData directory.

You can modify the permissions by the suggestion given below ?

1-Make a right click on the folder

2-Then after click on the Properties

3- Click on the Security

4- Choose to go with Edit option.

5- provide the accessibility parameters which you needed to provide with this

Just go through the procedure and let me know your status for this operation and I hope, it will help you to accomplish this task..

Thanks for the suggestion but you know the steps which you have written are the steps that I have taken before posting the actual message.

I received the "Access denied" error message for the directory specified as c:\users and c:\users\tracy. I am not getting actually how I don't have privileges to these folder and contents within this and don't have privilege to modify them in the same manner, as my account has admin accessibility. It seems as there is something looking strange and may be something wrong. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know about this .

Thanks for the suggestion but you know the steps which you have written are the steps that I have taken before posting the actual message.

I received the "Access denied" error message for the directory specified as c:\users and c:\users\tracy. I am not getting actually how I don't have privileges to these folder and contents within this and don't have privilege to modify them in the same manner, as my account has admin accessibility. It seems as there is something looking strange and may be something wrong. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know about this .

Does someone have any idea about the way through which you can change the permissions on more than two folders? I can change them if I choose each folder in particular manner, but changing permissions on more than one folders doesn't seem to feasible in this situation . I have also figured out that it is with Server 2008 as well.

I am logged in as the local administrator of the system, so I am not sure about this if that's the problem .

Commonly, we are running with the limited permissions for some system directories like Windows, Program Files, ProgramData, System Volume Information and so on . We could not configured the already set permissions for the system related components. Please let me be sure that the directories which you need to go for modification.

If you need to configure up the permissions for specific directories, you may work with the CACLS commands and go with a batch file to issue the commands.