Thread: Problems with Bonjour in Windows 7

Problems with Bonjour in Windows 7

Previously i was using the Windows Vista and having the Canon Pixma MP160. I used to print wireless through the Bonjour in the Vista. Now i have upgraded to the Windows 7 and while trying to print through the Bonjour it is not working even if the printer are displaying in the Windows. So if you can then please let me know about the proper solution for same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problems with Bonjour in Windows 7

As per my knowledge the Windows 7 is not compatible with the Bonjour which you are planning to use. As i have checked on the Windows 7 compatibility list and come to know about the same. The development team is working on the same and will possibly release it in next update of the Windows 7. So if you can then go through the below given link.
    Windows 7 Compatibility List

Did you tried to run the program in the compatibility mode. If no then try this first. To run the program in the compatibility mode just right click on the Bonjour and the click on properties. Now go to the Compatibility tab and click on “Run this program in compatibility mode for" also check the "Turn off advanced text services for this program" and run the same again.

I think that the Bonjour might not be configured with the Windows 7 PC of yours that is why you are unable to use the same. Just go to the Printer Properties and try to configure the printer port and IP with the Bonjour and then give the command for printing and see whether it is working for same or not.

If it is still not working with the same then i will advise you to install and run the Windows XP mode and then try to print from the Bonjour. The Window XP mode is developed to support the older application which was supported by the previous OS and it is working successfully. So if you can the install the same and work with it.
    How to Install and Configure Virtual Windows XP Mode in Windows 7

I think that after going through all the replies if you are still unable to get the solution for your problem then it is better to contact the Windows 7 support forum which is running by the Microsoft to facilitate the user of the Windows 7 regarding their problem. So contact then and find the solution from them. Hope this will resolve your issue.