Thread: iTunes Privileges Error with Windows 7

iTunes Privileges Error with Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise Edition on my Dell laptop and i have installed iTunes on this laptop. But an only problem is that i am not able to add, delete, or sync any music in my iTunes as when i try to do that, I get an error as "You do not have enough access privileges for this operation. iTunes could save your music library".

Re: iTunes Privileges Error with Windows 7

Even i am getting the similar error on my windows 7 system when i am trying to add music files to my iTunes. Actually i want to get those music file in my iPod as i am not able to get it in iTunes itself, I am unable to listen it on iPod. I am getting an error as "The iTunes Library file cannot be saved. You do not have enough access privleges for this operation."

I think you should try using an iTunes from the Safe Mode of the Windows 7 operating system. You have to reboot your system and then press F8 key for several times then you would be having Windows Booting Options where you have to select for the Safe Mode with or without Networking. Make sure that you have logged in as an administrator or else you wont be able use many functions of windows.

I guess there are some restrictions on the folder of the music which you are trying to add in an iTunes due to which you are getting this error. Permissions are the settings which defines that which user can access that folder or read, write or execute the files of that folder. I have an idea for checking the permissions. Copy some of the music file which you want to put in an iTunes and then paste it in any New Folder, Now try to get those file from that new folder.

In order to change the permission of File or Folders then right click on the desired File or Folder and go to its Properties. Now switch to the Security Tab and then click on an Edit. To change or remove permissions from an existing group or user, click the name of the group or user, select the permissions, and then click OK.