Thread: Cannot edit video in Windows Live Movie Maker

Cannot edit video in Windows Live Movie Maker

Hello,
    I am on Windows 7 and hoping to make some cool videos and montages without making head, I decided to download Windows Live Movie Maker, just to see what it will give, but the concern that arises is that once the program started and when I want to add a video opens a dialog box giving me an error code. I tried with my own videos, that of Windows, ditto for the photos. I then tried to see what happens with Photo Gallery Live this time the error message is different but still impossible to use. I told myself that I tried an uninstalled and reinstalled but I do not what to do because these programs are not displayed in the panel config. If you can help me with this then please post back.

Re: Cannot edit video in Windows Live Movie Maker

Yes I know I am aware and I downloaded both the version of Windows Movie Maker, I paid particular attention to uncheck the programs do not interest (including the Photo Gallery), but this time for Photo Gallery is an element Movie Maker.

Hello,
    I'm on vista and had just near the same problem. Try this: Control Panel-uninstall a program installation Windows Live-delete-continue. In the window that appears, you choose all programs and you deleted. With Ccleaner, you do a cleaning (temp files,cookies etc.) and cleaning the registry to remove anything that drags, with backup of course. Then after you download the Windows Live 2009 (not the beta). There are specific to an uninstaller uninstall called: broken uninstall windows live, but I've never tested. I hope I can help you.

I do not know why but the above solution is not working for me. I have completely uninstall Live (Messenger, Movie Maker and Photo Gallery) and reinstall but I still have the same problem, GM and PG will not run on my PC. Is this the operating system compatibility problem, I have no idea , I am just guessing.