Thread: Problems while doing volume mount points in Windows Server 2008?

Problems while doing volume mount points in Windows Server 2008?

I am getting much frustrated because I am not able to mount points in Windows Server 2008.!! I have tried to do lot of things but I nothing worked for me. I want to use the volume mount points so that I can graft a target partition or mount onto a folder on another physical disk. I hope that you guys must have understood my problems. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Problems while doing volume mount points in Windows Server 2008?

You will have to Host the volume for the mount point. the below steps explain me the same :
    • In the focus pane of the Disk Management console, right-click the disk item WHERE IS shown the disk number and then click Online if the disk is not already online.
    • Right-click the disk item another time, and then click initialize disk if the disk is not previously initialized.
    • If the disk does not have a volume, complete steps 3d-3g. If the disk has a volume, go to step 3h.
    • Right-click unallocated space some, and then click new simple volume.
    • When the New Simple Volume Wizard starts, click next, enter the volume size, and then click Next.
    • On the allocate Drive Letter or Path screen, assign a drive letter, And Then click Next.
    • Format the partition by using the NTFS file system, click Next, click Finish and Then.
    • If the volume Does not Have a drive letter, complete steps 3i-3j.

Follow these steps to add the disks to the cluster following :
    • Release the Failover Cluster Management snap-in. To do this, click Start, click Administrative Tools, And then click Failover Cluster Management. If the User Account Control dialog box emerges, confirm that the action that it exhibit is what you want, and click Continue.
    • After that in the navigation pane, click Storage.
    • Click Add a Disk which will be present in the Actions pane.
    • Select the disk that both hosts the mount point and the volume for the mount point, and then click OK. Both disks appear now available in the storage area of the storage pane.
    • Right-click the disk resources that hosts the mount point, and then click Properties.
    • In the Resource column, click the Dependencies tab.
    • Click the root disk, click Apply, click OK . Will this dependency origin the resource to come online after the disk resource hosts the mount point that is successfully brought online.

In a high availability cluster WHERE IS important, you can make it redundant mount points Separate host volumes. GUARANTEE That this helps if one root (host) volume IS inaccessible, you can access the data Still that is located on the mounted volume through mount point. For example, if HOST_VOL1 (D) IS Located on Mountpoint1, user data is Located IS LUN3. Then, if HOST_VOL2 ( E: ) it is located Mountpoint1, user data is Located IS LUN3. Therefore, Customers can access by using LUN3 Either D: \ mountpoint1 or E: \ mountpount1.