Thread: Moving Public Folders From Exchange 2003 to 2010

Moving Public Folders From Exchange 2003 to 2010

I am going to migrate from 2003 to 2010 now . I already moved entire public folders over working with the Public Folder Management console within 2010. They entire migrated but the subfolder stored components are missing right now. I am unable to find a method to come up them over in one shot. I am running with more than one subfolders and I require to do it right now, not one at a time. When I choose all of them, the properties doesn't shown up and that is the place where replication tab is. Can somebody help me with the same please.

Re: Moving Public Folders From Exchange 2003 to 2010

There is some confusion here regarding your workaround. Please make me sure what you are doing actually as well as what does this mean ? you moved into each one directory and associated a replica into everyone ? It would be fine one if you work with the "move all replicas" selection from 2003 ESM or one of the two scripts from 2010 EMS named as Moveallreplicas.ps1 or AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1

To move public directories suggested from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 you are able to work with the Exchange System Manager, Exfolders.exe, Exchange 2010 Management enabled Shell Scripts.

I used to go for the Exchange 2010 Management Shell Command for changing the location of the public folders. You have to go with the steps given below , it can be helpful for you .

1- Browse up the Exchange Management Shell and then after configure up the location to drive:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts
    2- Then after type out .\AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 -TopPublicFolder "\" -ServerToAdd "exchange2010"
    3- The command suggested will associate the replica of entire public directories to exchange 2010 public folder enabled database. Once the replica get associated the you are able to move the replica from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. For doing the same, you have to run the EMS command
    as .\MoveAllReplicas.ps1 -Server "Exchange2003" -NewServer "Exchange 2010"

Thanks to all of you for helpfl information . This is the scoop. The public folders running with so many subfolders with the messages as well as attachments. The Root directory and subdirectories are migrating but not the messages and attachments into the subfolders. When I skip the Exchange 2003 mail server on, I am able to still get the components but when I turn this off, the contents are not available at that place.

I have executed the scripts and they assumed to run. They are not occurring any type of error and also sat there considering for a while and then moved back for the prompt. I am just thinking , they ran. I still unable to find this to work. I also have used the option "Move all Replicas" command with the help of Exchange 2003 ESM and I got the following error message "The SSL server certificate name is incorrect"...

Any suggestion would be helpful for me ?

I am suffering with the same condition. I have also used to go for the migrating public directory specified from both of the servers, it is still not going in proper way. All the commands are going feasible and I didn't received any type of errors. However, the public folder instance still display on 2003. It is looking so weired , I do not even received any messages. Please let me be sure if you got any type of fix regarding this .