Thread: The WinRM client received an HTTP server error status (500)

The WinRM client received an HTTP server error status (500)

Hi everyone,

I am running with the installation of Exchange 2010 Management Tools and spe, of the roles applied on our DC (Windows Server 2008 R2) but I am unable to even plug to it to configure anything. If I go with the management utilities GUI provided then I received the error message stating as follows:

"Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message: The WinRM client received an HTTP server error status (500), but the remove service did not include any other information about the cause of the failure. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic. It was running the command 'Discover-ExchangeServer -UseWIA $true -SuppressError $true'."
    It occurred three times and then states that it got failed to connect and to enter the Server FQDN , I need to connect to.Please suggest me something about this ....

Re: The WinRM client received an HTTP server error status (500)

I am also getting the same issue in the same way but the workaround is little bit different here. I have terminated up having to denote the server again to a member server and then after recover the same from a very previously taken and move via the complete process of promoting this to a DC back. Once, I accomplish all that and received this back to how it was prior to the exchange install I launched the setup with the recoverserver switch (setup /m:RecoverServer) as all the AD configures where still in destination and setup would not launch in common way.

Once the recover got completed, I had all the roles and management utilities installed back and I was able to connect.

Hi guys, I have some ways through which you can solve the issue but you need to go through the steps here. Initially , you have to check out in Server Manager if "WinRM IIS Extensions" are installed there and displaying as installed . If not in case then you have to install this . If its exiting as installed then :

1. You need to uninstall it and then install the same again.

2. Launch the "WinRM Quickconfig".

Hello Omari ... Thanks for the help and suggestion with the possible solution . I did get different post to install that which I had performed already. I have launched the WinRM Quickconfig and it did make some configurations so now; WinRM already is configured up to fetch the requests on this system. WinRM already is configured up for remote management on this system. I have restarted the machine and used again go with the same procedure as you suggested me to do but still not getting any positive result Same error messages.

Have you used the loading procedure of the EMS through the Admin Tools => Windows Powershell Modules ? Amazingly, which will mostly go in well manner for you. Assuming that loads, or that you can launch the EMS on different computer system :

1- Check out the Powershell directory within the IIS on the issue server. Just be sure that SSL is not needed there . Allow only Anonymous access - no common/IWA authentication etc.
    2- If you are able to get into the Windows Powershell sections,launch the the set-user command..
    3-Remove-powershellvirtualdirectory, and then after New-powershellvirtualdirectory .
    4- You have to check the SSL/authentication again and make sure that it is done.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

I got the similar issue when I was just testing the environment. After upgrading from Windows 2008 Server Standard R2 to Enterprise, the Exchange console started occurring the "The WinRM client received an HTTP server error status (500)" error.

My test environment contains a Windows Std R2 DC and 2x Windows Ent R2 2008 with the Exchange 2010 Enterprise. It is exactly resolved ;

Server Manager -> Features -> Selected WinRM IIS Extension (found this ticked off i.e not installed)

In my scenario, there was no requirement to reset or launch the WinRM Quickconfig command. I launched this properly on the two Exchange 2010 Enterprise servers on which I am working.

After getting stucking a lot for whole day with the following error and and applying the possible steps provided from the starting of this port. After all, I fixed this ..

You have to go for the re-installation ( remove and install the same ) WinRM IIS Extension in Server Manager . Exchange management console is functioning well now.