Thread: Windows Live Movie Maker audio problem with Flip camcorder

Windows Live Movie Maker audio problem with Flip camcorder

I have captured some videos by using my Flip UltraHD camcorder but when i am trying to edit this videos in Windows Live Movie Maker then there is something wrong as video and Audio does seems to be synchronizing with each other. I have played this videos in Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center and there were no problem. What could be the problem over here as i have tried all the videos and each of them has this same problem.

Re: Windows Live Movie Maker audio problem with Flip camcorder

It seems like file format created by your Flip UltraHD camcorder would not be properly compatible with the Windows Live Movie Maker. I think you should try changing the file format of those video to the ".MP4" to ".MOV" then try to edit them which must not show any kind of such problems.

I guess the frame rates could be the problem as the videos captured in the FLIP camcorder would be creating the video of some frame rates which might not be perfectly matching with the Windows Movie maker. So you may try to edit those video by first converting them into WMV format and then try to change them as Windows Movie Maker also makes WMV formats.

I have seen huge number of people having the same issue when they try to convert the video captured by the FLIP in Windows Movie Maker. I think the Windows Movie Maker is getting mistaken when it is playing the video as it plays the video at the speed of approximately 1.5x but an audio synchronization wont be similar due to which video does not play at the speed of an audio.

This seems to be some kind of incompatibility problem between the Windows Live Movie Maker and the file created by the Flip Camcorders. I suggest you to use the flip file in some other software as i can understand that the files created by the camcorders are always important as they are memories of life. So they should not be getting corrupted even after years.