Thread: Outlook 2007, Can't view a shared calendar

Outlook 2007, Can't view a shared calendar

One of the user has been provided with the delegate access to her bosses calendar. When she tags the calendar within the Outlook and made clicks to get the view of the calendar, Outlook started crashing immediately. We are running with the well patched environment , So Outlook has entire newest updates/patches. I have used the below suggested :

Outlook.exe /cleanviews
    Unchecked cache exchange mode
    Again created the users AD profile

I don't consider that it's a privilege related problem because she is capable to view the users calendar in the Outlook Web Access portal.

Re: Outlook 2007, Can't view a shared calendar

This is reported by so may user on the official site also and no one replied any effective solution there . That is assumes as very odd, is this possible that she has a browser add within which may be creating such type of issues ? you may need to configure for example. back to defaults. Does she is is getting any issues creating appointments for their on calendar. and can they get free\busy for that user?

Fine ..., the delegate’s outlook is going to be crashes again and again if she is moving to open up the shared calendar of her boss, that's the case ? How does delegate granting configuration being implemented exactly, from the “Option” in the boss’s outlook? Do you got any type of error event within the application log on the problematic system ? Does the problem persist if you compose her Email profile on a brand new test machine ?

We have rebuilt the workstation for her,entering her a brand new workstation and also had her logon to her bosses workstation and after all she is having the same result from Outlook as previously .

As according to the above members, She is provides delegate granted by having her boss logon to her system, you have to open up the Outlook and move to the location as Tools => Options | Delegates | Calendar (Editor) w/ the option to get the private components .

When her assistant get exit and open from the Outlook and attempts to access her bosses calendar it starts downloading procedure and then after outlook starts crashing .

You need to go for a test in this case:

1. Make two testing mailbox suggested as A and B

2. Share the A titled calendar to delegate, and find out if delegate is able to open up the A’s calendar

3. Configure B as the delegate within the boss’s mailbox, and find out if B is capable to open the boss created calendar

Do one more thing, Just enable transport logging on the outlook and regenerate the problem, check out the status if there is any error related information in the logging

Clear out the Downloading shared directories (except mail directory) checkbox to switch off the shared directory, and find out if the problem still getting occurred .. Turn on or off Cached Exchange Mode...

I am unable to view the users who have shared the calendars with me within the Outlook 2007, I am not getting it is actually the issue of outlook or I have configured something wrong . I am able to log into the Zimbra web client very easily and access their calendars and there is no problem at all, but working with the Zimbra Outlook connector, I am able to only view my personal calendar within the Outlook.

Someone have any idea about the procedure to resolve this? I am working with the Outlook Connector v. 5.0.2706.9.. Please help me..

I require a little information regarding this . In which way, you are using to retrieve the calendar? [have you tried as File=>Open different user's Mailbox?] What error message have you seen there ?

Do you find the Zimbra menu components (such as Tools=>Zimbra Server Rules, Tools=>Mailbox Quota, Help=>About Zimbra Connector for Outlook and so many things)?

Thank you for the suggestion . I actually can retrieve them after going through you first configure the directions. I commonly had to move to the File=> Open=> Other User's directory and then select the user who already facilitated me access via the Zimbra from the GAL. It then would pull within their specified Calendar.

Some different fine properties is if I don't have access then I can attempt to retrieve the specified calendar, it will occur an error message but ask if I would like to request to go for the access.

There are some advance steps which mostly should be automatic once you access within the Zimbra, but not so bad that we are able deal with this .