Thread: Critical bug in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64

Critical bug in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64

I couldn't boot my Windows 7 Ultimate with the Service Pack 1 x64. The booting of my system was so slow (it takes near about 5 minutes to start ) and when started the Windows 7 desktop i figured out the reason for this and found that the whole RAM has been consumed totally 100% of 4 GB. When I started the msconfig program, I got a BSOD and Windows was not getting started.

My computer: 21'5-inch iMac (Late 2009), Intel Core 2 Duo 3'06 GhZ, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB Seagate HDD, graphics ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256 MB of memory, Mac OS X 10.6.4.

Re: Critical bug in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64

I need some more information regarding the same. Could you please discuss the whole memory dump Memory.dmp from your system file storage means Windows directory ? Compress the same as 7z (using ULTRA compression to decrease the capacity) with a maximum size of 49MB, so that you are able to go for the uploading of sections to your SkyDrive . So that MS can assumes this with WinDbg (!vm, !poolused) what causes the maximum memory usage?

I am glad to know that I am not only the person running with this issue .There are a lot of guys are having such type of issue and I am also running in the same boat , I also had issues with SP1 Beta 64 bit.. although some guys (classmates) thought I am questioning as a crazy boy ! But found one here having the same problem as me ! I had to reinstall Windows 7 from scratch... will not perform the reinstallation of the same , beta SP1 either !

It doesn't matter,you are only one person with the issue or more than. If you have the problem and need some solution for that then don't get hesitate to post your queries. You freely can ask anything and the experts members will reply you if they have any idea about the issue...

According to me, first of all , you have to go through the same steps and mechanism above, Just store the dump files at proper place ? Or are you only start ranting? This is beta version , you have to go for the testing of this one ! Without proving data, Microsoft is unable to resolve this in the Sp1 Final.

Thanks for your suggestion . I desired that I had saved the dump, but such a bad luck I freaked out. I committed the reformatted my disk and finished the re-installation of Windows 7.

I just finished the re installation of SP1 Beta and so far it is working well with the exception which it wiped out all the prior restore points once again on my machine (pre SP1 restore points).

If I am running with any further issues , I will definitely save the Dump.