Thread: Windows 7 SP1 beta installation fails at Stage 3 of 3 (99% and rolls back)

Windows 7 SP1 beta installation fails at Stage 3 of 3 (99% and rolls back)

On my 32-bit Windows 7 RTM, Windows 7 SP1 beta installation got failed at the progress 3 of 3 (99% and getting rolled back). I have tried to start the system update readiness utility and made disabled the startup components which may be interfering with the SP installation. I don't have any antivirus installed on my system that is not restricting the SP1 installation. I am running with the enough memory on my boot and system disk. Triple booting have been implementing on my system as Windows Vista, XP and Windows 7. Vista placed into the C:, Windows 7 D: where as XP 64 is placed on E:drive but I am not taking the any custom boot managers in the operation . The error code which I am receiving is E_FAIL (0x80004005)....

Re: Windows 7 SP1 beta installation fails at Stage 3 of 3 (99% and rolls back)

This is going because of the some internal operation of system which is getting incapable to operate the system in the proper way. You need to check your D drive within the WINDOWS directory and search about particular file and you need to look at the file as "WindowsUpdate.log" and open it within the Notepad. At the end of the file lookup for any type of error and bugs . It can facilitate clues to what got failed....

My computer restarted so many times at the time of installation of Windows 7 SP1, it consumes more than three hours and telling me that it got failed T.T . another time I restarted , my system was screwed up with several services disabled which were necessary. Being a techy myself, I resolved that and switched into the absolute things back on and then got a complete list of lesser services online and what to perform with them.

There are some internal issues with your system and you have to be aware about that but as a troubleshoot stage, I am posting this behalf of the diagnostic phase . Please run the Windows Explorer and move within the directory location as "C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\" and copy the file "CBS.log" and in the same way, you have to just put the same copied file into your document directory (otherwise you are unable to upload this ) and upload the whole CBS.log into your SkyDrive and post a link at this location also.