Thread: My iphone .mov files play sideways in media player. How do I get them to rotate

My iphone .mov files play sideways in media player. How do I get them to rotate

I had copied some videos from my iphone to my pc. My default video player is Windows Media player. When I run the videos in Windows Media Player the video plays sideways. I am not able to see those vidoes properly and I need help here to fix this out. Does anyone knows to rotate vidoes in Windows Media player. What should I can do here to rotate the video without spoiling the quality.

Re: My iphone .mov files play sideways in media player. How do I get them to rotate

I am not sure about Windows Media Player but the same is possible in VLC player. For that you might need to run VLC media player and then click on Settinsg. Then goto Transormation and there you can see a windy. In that hoose Rotate to 180 degrees and then save. Better save a this video differently so that you can have the actual video with you incase of loss.

Re: My iphone .mov files play sideways in media player. How do I get them to rotate

Often when you take a video with your mobile phone (GSM) or camera (with video capability) with filming set to portrait, you have therefore a higher purpose and it makes it better. This has cause the video to play sideways. A temporary trick is to play video normally and use VLC for that. Open your video to play and the click the small button next to the sound that is titled Extended options. Then go to Video Effects > Geometry and on it.. Now adjust your video angle.

VLC is the best solution for this. When you play a video captured with a phone or camera, it may have been taken with the camera rotated 90 degrees. To play the video properly on your computer, you must return it in the right direction. An operation that you can easily achieve with VLC. Open your video with VLC . Click the Tools menu and then click Settings extended. Open the Video Effects tab. Check the box to processing. Select the Rotate 90 degrees to rotate the video 90 degrees to the left. Select Rotate 270 degrees to rotate the video 90 degrees to the right.

You cannot do that directly in Windows Media player. You will need a third party software for that like Virtualdub. Camera givesa portaria footage which sends the current image to sideways. Fortunately Virtualdub can rotate a video. These adjustments resulting decompression of video streams, and you can also compress it. The compression will occur in two assists and format XviD for optimal quality.

Yes you can use Virtual dub for that. It does not require any particular installation. Simply extract the files in the folder of your choice. Then simply launch the software using the file VirtualDub.exe. To install, click "Run" in the window that appears, follow the instructions that appear on the screen and select the Decode All Supported FourCC. After installing the codec you can then rotate the video as per your choice.

There is a similar option on Windows Movie Maker. Import the video in that and then drag the thumbnail of the video on the timeline. Then click on show effects video , then Rotate 90 or Rotate 270 depending on whether you want to rotate your video in the direction of clockwise or counterclockwise. There is a small slider given at the bottom that gives you option for adjusting the timeline. Save the video.

From discussions.nokia, I found out a solution:

I was looking for the exact same software a while back and I found this-Faasoft Video Converter. It is pretty useful and straightforward, and it also keeps the original video file. It works great for me.