Thread: Cannot Add Album Art in Windows Media Player 12

Cannot Add Album Art in Windows Media Player 12

In my system Windows Media player is not showing up any album art. I am using Windows XP and for a better support I had downloaded and installed the latest version of Windows Media player. When you play a song it shows a cd cover or album art. But it shows nothing. The visualization is also not working. Can you suggest me any better audio player than Windows Media player.

Re: Cannot Add Album Art in Windows Media Player 12

You might need to wait for some while. What amoung of audio have you added in Windows Media Player. Windows Media player shows album art once it library is updated. If not then you might not see anything. You can wait a while and then check back. If still there is same issue then you will need to run a update for Windows Media player which fixes the issue in most cases.

It is necessary that the library of Windows Media player must be updated quickly to see those items. If not then you might need to check the audio whether it has a album cover available in that or not. You must also verify all the settings for that. I am not using Windows Media player. In that place I am using BSPlayer which can reade almost all types of media files.

Launch Windows Media player 12 and then click on Library. Then go to orgranize or options there where you can choose the option of Retrieve Additional Information. If this option is not selected then Windows Media player is unable to show you additional information on the audio file. You can also adjust the privacy tab attributes for making more changes in the player.

I am using Moovida Media Center for my system. It is a media center that allows you to watch movies and pictures, listen to music from a dynamic and friendly interface. The application is able to detect media devices and it also can recover audio, video and picture on networked workstations. It is a all in one media player with full support for all types of audio work.

I am using SonicStage which is a music manager. It is a combination of tool that offers you MP3, WMA, transafer and converstion. You can import audio files in your library, retrieve songs from a CD or another source, read and edit playlists and then transfer your music onto your player, or create an audio CD. For Windows Media player you will need to run a update that might fix it. Try to re-install the same.

First for that click on start and then in the run box type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player. Then just clear up all the files from the current windows. Then restart Windows Media player. You had just deleted the entire database of Windows Media player. After a restart it will remake the entire database and hope this might work for the album art. This solution had worked for me.

FINALLY!!!!

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now.

It's sort of a two-part problem, and I've only figured out half of it, but enoguh of it that finally it's displaying what I want.

I've been having the same problem -- even when artwork is present, it shows nothing, or alternatively, it shows one image for a whole bunch of (seemingly) unconnected albums.

So, I read the Microsoft help page, and it didn't really tell me much. I remembered from WMP11 and previous that if you renamed the album art cover.jpg it should display that as the album art. Well, that didn't work, and I finally gave up.

But my media library looked so ugly... so I returned to the problem.

I found out that Windows 7 (although this might not be unique to Windows, or even Windows 7) actually writes an image right into an mp3 sometimes, which explains why when I had a podcast saved in my main Music folder, with NO jpgs or any art in there, ALL the mp3s in that same folder had the podcast image as the album art. I mean, the image wasn't even there! I was like, what the ^%$# ???

Anyway, my fix that you've all been anxiously waiting for (I hope):

I went to Google Images and just typed in the name of an album and the word cover, and then downloaded the image to the folder, to make sure that every album had images. Then, I renamed them all to folder.jpg (make sure that you're displaying file extensions, in Folder Options, or else just rename it to folder). Make sure folder is lowercase, and bingo! They all started to appear in the album art squares!

I couldn't believe a problem so frustrating ended up being so simple to fix. However, if this doesn't work for you right away, at the end do this fix I found on another forum...

Go to your run box, and type in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player ... open this folder and just delete everything. Don't worry, the database will be rebuilt when you re-open WMP. It might take a minute, so don't panic, but it will re-build it. I did this BEFORE I renamed the jpgs, so that might have had an effect but I don't know.

Okay, well, hope this works for you. I couldn't find any other suggestions like this in any forums online, so I hope this gets spread around if people find that it works for them.

-AureliusR