Thread: Will I need to eventually uninstall SP1 beta?

Will I need to eventually uninstall SP1 beta?

Hi guys ! I am running with some confusions here and need your all help to solve this issue and I am sure , you all, will share some of your ideas to remove out this confusion. I am going to install the official version but before this I was running with the installation of beta version . Will I have to perform the uninstallation of sp1 beta and then I can be able to install the official version when it would be to the public? Please share your views ..

Re: Will I need to eventually uninstall SP1 beta?

The early launching of SP1 Beta for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2 is not available for the home based users. SP1 Beta does not facilitate to the new end-user features. Microsoft do not suggest that home users to install the SP1 Beta version.

SP1 Beta is time-specified product. You have to go for theuninstallation of the service pack beta software before you done the installation of final version of the service pack. One more thing, the beta software will no longer be able to manageable after June 30, 2011. You have to uninstall the beta software before that date.

There are so many case happened with so many user just because of this. Actually, so many users start the installation of final version without making uninstallation of beta version and also reported by so many users on official site.It can generates different types of issues ..

If you perform the installation of SP1 Beta, we strongly suggest that you have to finish the installation of final version of the service pack when it got launched . For doing all these , you need to go for the uninstallation of this pre-release product.

Upgrade Windows 7 RC to Windows 7 final

Hi guys !I am in little bit difficulties to perform such type of task and not doing because of the risk to damage something. Actually, i wanted to upgrade to windows 7 final version but haven't performed before.Currently running with Windows 7 RC. Do someone have any idea if microsoft will make this possible to upgrade the RC version of Windows 7 to the final version ?

I had a Email from the Microsoft saying that:

Please note: All of the users working with Windows 7 Release Candidate (involving Windows Vista users who committed upgraded to the Release Candidate) should perform a clean installation of Windows 7 RTM. You need to remember this as you think about the downloading and Release Candidate as opposed to waiting for the common availability release.

Thanks once again for your suggestion in gettign this necessary milestone. We consider that you will involve us in checking the RC and completing Windows 7!