Thread: SilverLight in iPhone

SilverLight in iPhone

I want to know that does iPhone is having the support for SilverLight or not. The reason for asking this thing is that in the map application of iPhone I have observed the SilverLight effect but when I have searched for the information related that I found that till now there is no support for silverlight in iPhone, if that is true then how we can see the silverlight effects on iPhone. Hence I want to the clear information related to Silverlight in iPhone.

Re: SilverLight in iPhone

Microsoft is developing a solution for Silverlight on the iPhone without having to install Silverlight on the iPhone. Because Apple prevents third-party vendors to install their environments on the iPhone, Microsoft has had to find another way to see Silverlight content on iPhones, and that in seeking a solution server. A server solution means that iPhone users will be able to get Silverlight content without having to install Silverlight on their smartphones. I hope this will help you to understand things related to iPhone and Silverlight.

The one talking about Silverlight in its entirety but the video part, nothing special actually. They have written "if iphone then stream the video to mpeg2 encoding. And looking flash must not forget that CS5 will propose the compilation of flash application iphone application. When after a political statements of the apple I find deplorable. The iPhone is meant to go on the web pc, which means, the iPhone has to do with the rules of this walk.

The thing that I have understood is that the silverlight is available only for videos and cannot be used of interactive contents. It must necessarily IIS server side to it, then it is usually possible to host apps on any SL server (IIS, Apache or other) so in the end, the interest is limited it seems. Even if Silverlight is doing better than Flash for streaming video, it is still too heavy, and I think that in the medium term the only good solution is to use the tag <video> introduced in HTML 5.

As far as I know Apple has no interest in doing so for one simple reason: Apple wants to control the applications available and run on the iPhone. But Flash as Sikverlight would make applications for iPhone without using Apple's API and bypass the control system is not the desired effect. Also Apple has introduced an eco-system that works pretty well: it is responsible for distributing your applications with AppStore (insinuating distribution costs are borne by Apple), in return developers yield 30% the sale price and agree that the apps are filtered.

Apple must make available the AppStore without taking a margin and without filtering, one can dream. As long as the effect of competition Apple will not be forced to leave Java or Flash and SilverLight foothold on the iPhone, it will not. When I see on Windows or Linux is installed or what one wants to apply the number of infamous resemble nothing and nothing but the installation do anything, I tell myself that guards safeguards are not useless. After the side censor Almighty does not please everyone, with delays and other concerns.

There is a difference between placing a safety net to limit abuse, and reining, something totally forbidden. Although Windows and Linux are pox by their side, "open to all" But the policy to be "closed to all" is not a good solution. It will eventually turn against Mac, you just allow time for users to open their eyes to the closed and totalitarian their offers Mac. A quick consensus among "all open" and "fully closed" is not too bad. It touches the extremes of both sides without saying that the environment would be a good solution.