Thread: iChat won't show buddylist

iChat won't show buddylist

When I open ichat on my imac nothing comes up. If I hit it off on the menu bar and set status as obtainable tranquil nothing comes up. I tranquil receive I am additional than still have no buddy list. How do you fix this When I sign into my iChat account, it logs me on additional than my buddy list is not there, it is immediately blank. Closing a window such as the Buddy list by means of the red button hides the window and does not relinquish iChat. Go to iChat Window Menu and observe what keystrokes open the Window the entire in excess of again (Apple+1 keys together is the majority likely).

Re: iChat won't show buddylist

There are 2 methods to fix this tribulations I be familiar with how for the reason that it has occurred to me previous to you be able to moreover go in to the window menu on ichat and hit it off buddy list or you be able to press.1 or for bonjour you press. I have comprise a macbook and my ichat would not demonstrate up. I be able to open it by means of the toolbar additional than my buddy list, and the thing that lets you log in and start chats would not demonstrate up. How do I get it back. When I add an innovative buddy to my IChat, their name flashes for a small number of seconds and then disappear. How do I fix it?

I had a tribulations where I was adding names to my iChat buddy list, the name would demonstrate up and then it would vanish, might not observe the person at the entire. I do have comprise Chax installed so my Growl announcement would tell that the person was sighing off and on additional than the iChat Buddy list would give no feedback. To fix the tribulations I first went and checkered AIM Express to confirm that iChat did in fact add that person to my buddy list (and it did). Then, I quit iChat, erased the entire four files in ~/Library/Preferences/:com.apple.iChat., com.apple.iChat.SubNet.plist, com.apple.iChat.AIM.plist and com.apple.iChatAgent.plist. After that you have to restarted iChat and entered your login and it is worked immediately extremely well at present. Make a note of: One thing that I did notice is that even though I had added my friend appropriately (who was using Adium ), I tranquil might not ping him. He had to add me first then ping me. This is not the case by means of iChat users.

Previous I tried logging into ichat from a dissimilar system and it would not let me so I gave up. When I got back to my system it had perceptibly logged me out so when I tried to log back in it signed me on additional than the entire my buddies are disappeared. I checkered in the "set up buddy list" thing and they are the entire there, additional than the online ones are not demonstrating up on the actual buddy list. Assist! in addition! I logged into AIM and it was doing the similar thing! My buddies were in my offline section, additional than it said that none were online.

I am trying to login to ICHAT, additional than when I sign on my buddylist determine to not demonstrate up and subsequent to at the same time as it says I attempted to login too many times and try in a small number of minutes additional than I waited 20 mins to no avail. Anybody have this tribulations Do not worry - when you launch iChat go up and hit it off on Window in the menu bar and hit it off on what buddy list you desire to come into view. This occurred 2 me once and I do not be familiar with why I had a tribulations similar to that. Trashing the plists fixed it: Quit iChat. Then you have to go to the /Users/username/Library/Preferences. There are more than a few. They begin w/ com.apple.iChat. Shift them to trash, and relaunch iChat. Make a note of that by trashing these, your iChat preferences determine to the entire be reset.

I have simply had it a couple weeks, additional than the iChat tribulations essentially showed up on my MB at the same time as ago. I have not had several major issues with my MBP, additional than then the entire in excess of again I was lucky sufficient to have read regarding the EFI 1.7 firmware upgrade issues previous to I got my system. Closing a window such as the Buddy list by means of the red button hides the window and does not quit iChat. For this you have to go to the iChat Window Menu and observe what keystrokes open the Window the entire in excess of again (Apple+1 keys together is most to be expected).

I am facing the similar trouble here. My buddies are the entire gone on iChat, additional than if I utilize AIM on my iPhone they are the entire there. A quick twitter search reveals additional people reporting the identical difficulty with iChat. I am having the identical problem. When iChat mechanically logs in to Jabber, my Buddy List does not display my buddies, moreover online or offline. I be able to log out of iChat and log back in and tranquil get no one. If I quit iChat, I in addition still see no buddies. If I log out of my Mac OS X account altogether and then log back in and start iChat, I usually observe my buddies. Formerly, this was reproducible when I would utilize Fast User Switching to switch between OS X accounts. At present, though, it's occurring when I wake my MacBook Pro up and log in.