Thread: Silverlight 4 OOB Document Viewer

Silverlight 4 OOB Document Viewer

I have created an project within the Silverlight 4 that is out of the Browser Application. This is an digital archiving software . I need to view this into the documents when user continue with the downloading procedure document.Documents such as .doc, .xls, .jpeg or any format such as these. I gone through some posts on the web on xps. But I don't have much more idea about this , shall I be able to convert the documents to xps initially ? Do you any other 3rd party document viewer appropriate for out of browser applications?

Re: Silverlight 4 OOB Document Viewer

Silverlight 4.0 have the proper compatibilty with the Trusted Com Interop. we require to interoperate with devices. In this case, we can only expose a com interface? What about What about keeping your Silverlight application interacts with the Office supported applications? Using the ComAutomationFactory API, you can currently carry with your Silverlight application instantiate and communicate with COM applications on the Windows client. Silverlight ComAutomationFactory API to combine with COM applications from within a Silverlight supported application..

You can go for the downloading of whole source code of the SilverlightViewer sample for this task. Document Toolkit is one of the product that relates to the First Floor programs and facilitates with a quick and feature-rich XPS document viewer library for Silverlight. The XML Paper Specification (XPS) is a previously adjusted document format same as to the PDF. In order to render the Word based documents within the Silverlight environment , Document Toolkit needs the document to be converted into the XPS format.

There is one another method in this series. Aspose.Words is a .NET class library which gets executed on the server. Document Toolkit is a 100% client based and compatible XPS document viewer and executed into a Silverlight AppDomain on the client side. An ASP.NET document service on the server works with the Aspose.Words to convert documents on-the-fly to XPS the moment Document Toolkit requires (a section of) a document.