Thread: Silverlight 4 Cursor not working in Chrome

Silverlight 4 Cursor not working in Chrome

I stored and using a Silver Light 4 application and modified something and placed the variable as Cursor="Hand" within my button XAML. This goes just well when I am using Internet Explorer and Firefox browser. But, it is not functioning for me when I am using Chrome. I was just thinking that if this is a known problem or have come across a bug in either Silver Light or Chrome browser ?

Re: Silverlight 4 Cursor not working in Chrome

Setting Cursor to Hand for Button moves feasible within the chrome browser behalf of mine .Will you tell me something, which version of Chrome you are working with ? And on which version of silverlight runtime you are working on the application?

There is one more question here : on the page, have you some different controls? According to my test application, I simply tagged a button and a datagrid, and it goes fine . If it is possible in this case then could you please suggest me a sample to reproduce the problem ? Thank you very much .

Thanks for taking me back . I am working with the SL4 (4.0.50524.0) and Chrome version 5.0375.99. The buttons are tagged within the grid that is another section of a Data Template for the Data Grid. So, it assumes same as your test application. But, the overall UI is so much complicated here . The buttons are section of a user control that is tagged in a Content Control within the Page. I am commonly working with the buttons for navigation that shows a list of menu options on the another side of the page.

Fine , I figured out how to regenerate the issue . Apparently the issue occurs when the "windowless" parameter is declared within the silverlightControlHost div part of the page hosting silverlight.

<param name="windowless" value="true" />

My specific application doesn't assumes to go with this very parameter and doesn't require for these all . I have deleted this and currently looking at the hand cursor upon my button controls. Can someone confirm this situation ?

I am creating a flash game with the help of default SimpleButton object for my buttons and the hand cursor is going just well on computer Chrome and Firefox and Safari for Mac, but Chrome on Mac is not allowing me to swap the default cursor for the hand cursor. I have even configure useHandCursor with the value as true for each button and I associated a click event but I am still not getting anything responsive.

Someone else run into this and running with a lil-fixy / workaround? Please let me know !!

It looks as little bit known problem with the Chrome on the mac system, Bad luck. I have seen a lot of users reporting about the same issue but I didn;t got any type of solution there :

Try setting buttonMode="true" and mouseChildren="false"

I guess , it can help you to come out from this issue ...