Thread: Can't print word document from Windows 7

Can't print word document from Windows 7

I am running Office 2007 on my Windows 7 computer. I am not able to print Word document from this computer onto Dell V313W Printer. I have tried printing other office documents like Excel sheet and didn't had such kind of issue. I tried to contact Microsoft but they are charging me for that and I don't want to pay anyone for such a small problem. Does anyone over here know how to print the word document from Windows 7?

Re: Can't print word document from Windows 7

Do you think there is any particular thing related to this particular document? Do you find anything unusual when you try to open it in print preview? Was the document that you are trying to print sent to you by someone else? Are you able to print it if you save this document in .rtf format? Was the document printable if you convert it into pdf file?

Yeah, I can print in every other way like pdf, rtf format etc. but not in Word. Each time I try to print anything, I get a blank page irrespective of what I am trying to take the print out. I even checked the connection but was of no help. What else should I do?

A corrupted printer driver may cause printing problems in Word. Try to delete and reinstall your printer driver as follows:

1. Close all Windows programs that are running.
    2. Go to Start, Settings, and then click Printers.
    3. Right-click the default printer, and click Delete.
    4. Click Yes.
    5. Once removed, reinstall the printer. To do this, follow the steps that are appropriate for your operating system.

If nothing works then follow my procedure which I invented. First uninstall MS office and delete all of its directories, including office directory from "documents settings/user/msoffice". Now uninstall all the printers from your computer. Delete its folders from the Program files or anywhere else you may find it. Now reinstall word, and then try to print something. It should give you an error message saying it is unable to find any printer. Now install the printer and its drivers and make it the default. Now try to print the word document once again. This time it should work.