Thread: Excel add-in for msn stock quotes no longer available for download

Excel add-in for msn stock quotes no longer available for download

Currently I am using window 7 as operating system and Microsoft office 2007. It was working fine without any problem but now when I am trying to configure the Excel add-in for msn stock quotes I am not able to do so since it is no longer available for download. I have checked the links on Microsoft site but all the links that were present are dead not. So I need another alternative for this. Any suggestion for this problem of Excel add-in for msn stock quotes no longer available for download will be appreciated.

Re: Excel add-in for msn stock quotes no longer available for download

I am also having the same problem, I have also checked the links that were present on the Microsoft site but those links were dead. But if you desperately need this add-in for your Microsoft Excel then you can search for this add-in on rapid share website. But the problem is that you cannot rely on this website for providing the service because most of the links of rapid share website does not work.

Many people have visited this thread hence you can understand the importance of that Microsoft Excel add-in. I think that if the people are in a desperate need of this add-in for Excel then Microsoft must provide the link for this add-in. Because many people are in the need of this add-in while using there Microsoft Excel. Microsoft must understand that this add-in is need by many users.

The only solution I am having for this problem is that to download the stock quotes from yahoo in CVS format and then save the file. Now if I click on the short cut to high seed then this will load first. I am also having a sheet in the main file that is having the reference entries in the quotes file. If you are facing this problem then this is the best solution that I can use and I will suggest you the same.

I want to know one thing clear that the quotes will be continue to be available via the add-ins that I have already installed. I am using this thing from the time it was released in the market and the most important thing for me is that it is the engine of the personal retirement planning system. Because if these add-ins will be missing than I have to re-write the complete application again.

It is really difficult for me understand why Microsoft is forcing there users to use the tool that takes time for adjusting. After reading this thread, I have got the idea that many people are facing this same issue and need the solution for this problem. According to me Microsoft must provide a link for this add-in so that it previous users can utilize this functionality.