Thread: Date localization in Excel 2008 on leopard

Date localization in Excel 2008 on leopard

Fundamentally when I enter dates in my local format dd/mm/yyyy, choosing Date as the format of the cell causes it to be displayed in US (mm/dd) format. I have comprise my international settings set to UK and this runs in additional apps. Excel seems to pay no attention to the setting. Is it probable to change the defaulting Date format used in Excel. This the entire runs as predictable in Windows.

Re: Date localization in Excel 2008 on leopard

I immediately or presently searched the entire through preferences and might not locate no matter which referring to setting date or time format. I am assuming Office 2008 be supposed to get its date and time from "International Settings" as additional applications do. (Be certain to download and install several updates or service packs from MS if you encompass not previously.) The merely submission I be able to give is to refer you to the MS Office 2008 public determine to give it a couple of days immediately in case the reply pops into my head at the same time as eating breakfast or something then head in excess of to the MS forum.

I was told that Mac reads convinced date formats in a different method. I maintain a large membership database for an association and the expiration dates are frequently inaccurate. The system demonstrates expiration in 2008, for illustration, and on my MAC it demonstrates 2013. It has something to do by means of the manner in which dates are entered additional than I cannot for the life of me understand why it has to be this method. It is awful to have comprise to tranquil depend on my system for this database I understand your directions. Additional than, what be able to I do on my end (by means of a Mac) when a system person sends me the membership register. Do I have comprise to tell him to go back and enter each conclusion date (thousands) in a dissimilar format.

I necessitate to utilize Visual Basic for Excel, and from what I be able to tell (and what I have comprise and read) Visual Basic is not hold up or maintain for Excel for Mac. Additional than a innovative version or description determine to hold up or maintain it. I have heard of people using applescript as a alternate. Be able to somebody please enlighten me. I would hate to have to utilize Windows immediately to utilize Visual Basic on Excel. Break out your Windows disk then for the reason that MS Office 2008 does not hold up or maintain VB (thanks MS), consequently, no macros. (MS Office 2004 does support VB.) Yes, you be able to utilize Apple script additional than it's not the similar and IMO, does not work well. The next version or description of MS Office (2011) be supposed to be on the market sometime this Fall. MS promises VB is back along by means of some additional pleasant additions.

If you necessitate it quicker, Office 204 does hold up or maintain VBA, additional than you would have to locate a used copy in view of the fact that it's not sold by MS to any further extent I immediately installed office on Windows working from side to side VMWare Fusion. This is painful. MS is doing their most excellent to force Mac users to utilize Windows for business applications. In addition by means of Office 2004, it uses VB 5 which is the similar as using MS Office 97. The Office 2000/2002/2003 on Windows uses VB 6. So as extended as whatever is completed on the Windows side is compatible by means of Office 97, then it be supposed to run in Mac Office 2004.

MS has promised that they determine to re-establish VB in their next release of Mac Office (whenever that is). For at present, stick by means of Office 2004 for Mac or Office 2007 for Win if you necessitate VB. I do not blame you one bit Dysfunction – I am not purchasing office for Mac until the next iteration comes out that hold up or maintain vba. Luckily sufficient I am able to utilize office '07 at work when I actually necessitate it, and Open Office the rest of the time. At the same time as I do have Office 2007 and utilize it expansively on our Win system, I essentially approximating the look and feel of Office 2008 for the Mac better. It's immediately too bad the "heavy thinkers" at MS determined that Mac users no longer necessitate VB. I in addition agree regarding using Open Office. It's developed into a nice product for the Mac particularly in view of the fact that its last update. Tranquil a bit bloated and sluggish, additional than it's getting there.