Thread: Are my Office Documents stored to the Q drive?

Are my Office Documents stored to the Q drive?

I have installed Microsoft office 2010 on my system it is working fine. But I have observed Q: drive on my system. I am not having any idea about this Q : drive that I am having on my computer system. The thing I want to know is that are my Office Documents stored to the Q drive? Because, if I want to take the backup of all my documents then I can make the copy of Q drive. Any related reply will be appreciated.

Re: Are my Office Documents stored to the Q drive?

For your information, all the office documents are saved in My Documents folder. I will not recommend you to save any of your office documents in Q: drive because they are not accessible from window explorer. One more thing if any repair is needed for the office installation file then your Q: drive will be removed completely and then recreated again. Hence in this case if you have saved any of your documents in Q: drive then they will be lost.

At the time of installation of Microsoft Office 2010 a virtual partition is designed. But this is normal for this version local disk Q: and not deferring the effective function or any computer system. I am not going in details but it is necessary for the latest version and there is no virtual partition present. I hope you have understood the things that I am trying to convey.

I think I am also having the same problem, a local disk Q: appeared, RAW, and cannot access or delete it, even in entry Wipe assembly in the registry, (mount point 2) it is related to the beta, plus he reset my pc cause more when I wanted to be my true crypt. How to remove it and especially it does not come back? One more thing that I want to is there any harm in keeping it or not. I will be waiting for your reply.

Well if you are installing the quick and run version of Microsoft office 2010 then you will get this drive by default. For your information this dive does not have any space and you cannot access this through window explorer. If you do not want this drive on your computer system then you have to download a different version of Microsoft office 2010 from your vendor’s website. If you forcefully remove this drive then your will face problem in running your Microsoft office 2010.

Thank you for the suggestion I have uninstall Microsoft office 2010 and then downloaded a fresh copy from my vendors website. I have install this latest copy of in my computer system. Now I am not having any kind of G: drive. But I am having one more issue that is, I am facing difficulty while using plugins in my Microsoft office 2010. Can you suggest me any solution for this problem.

The only thing you need to keep in mind that the typelib class id that is given in the registry on you window 7 that is running under x64. If you need you can generate the registry entry by yourself. The point is to make sure for including the file path at the place you are having msxml6.dll that is placed in your system.

Basically the thing is that this Microsoft office 2010 is build for 64 bit environment and if you are facing problem while using or installing plug-ins then you must be running window under 32 bit environment and the plug ins that you are trying to install are build for 32 bit environment. For these plug ins to work you need to contact developer or the vendor and ask them to create the same plug in for 64 bit environment.