Thread: Running MS Access in Windows via Parallels

Running MS Access in Windows via Parallels

I have been working with the Mac for quite a while and just implemented in the our business ,of which I am the manager, is now searching to replace its aging system with something White and slick .

Since we primarily work with the Excel and Word for our documentation purpose and we are pretty fine catered for to shift upon to the Mac. However, the sticking section is MS Access upon that our complete business revolves. Since we don't need to transfer the already stored records with the same Mac application, as we are running with built and extensively adapted our database to meet our exact needs, we have to run Access on a Mac. Currently , I am thinking of having to boot our system, every some minutes into either one or some other operating systems is a bit of a curdler as in business we easily don't have appropriate time. Conclusively 'Parallels' assumes as the ideal method to move as we can have all of things Mac except one window which runs XP.

Re: Running MS Access in Windows via Parallels

Hello Devabrata,

I am just considering that if you enabled to switch to the Macs and worked with the Parallels to run Microsoft Access--and if you are going to do in this way , how is it functioning for you?

I am running with an Intel Mac and am about to finish the management of a database with the Access capabilities. I have never used to run Windows on my Mac and also haven't got much about working with the Access, So I appreciate knowing what the experience has been for you..

Thanks

Access goes well. I use countless tactical application through the access utility and have never got any to be failed at this point of time - even some that retrieve Oracle databases on the network.

Access assumes to go well in the coherence mode also, so you can just have the access application on your OS X desktop. After all, you really must have the database on either a windows network, or on the parallels virtual disk and not the OS X extended disc.

I am working in the Parallels ver 4 environment , Leopard 10.5.7, and as well as Windows XP Pro on the Mac Pro with the capacity of 12GB RAM. MS Access goes very well o run on that as well as can be expected , on different Windows XP installed machine. I have the data file on a dedicated system installed on windows XP Pro. But in Parallels, Access is occurring some errors in the data file. It is damaging the file.

I am also with a virtual machine as configured into the bridge mode. The error message I receive as something such , the Jet database can't connect because you are trying to connect to a table at the same time as another user is trying to connect. But this comes up even though the Mac Pro is the only machine connected to the data file.

I work upon a computer system for Windows programs - I moved for finishing Parallels on my wife's iMac and among Time Machine, Parallels, the system goes hang suddenly. I had never had any type of issues on the iMac for the two or three years or so . Just same as windows enabled . So, I would have a Windows system for the Excel, Word and Access and use Macs for graphics .

I came back for Parallels to Office Depot . The primary thing with the system is that if they are a reputable and if you move good virus programs and if you ensure that your users will not practice insecure computing, the computer will be just well. I launch the AVG and Perfect Disk so as to make sure that the system is optimized in the constant way.