Thread: Mac OS 10.5 - localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[59]: starting

Mac OS 10.5 - localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[59]: starting

I am having an Macbook which is running with the mac OS 10.5 but the problem is that suddenly it started hanging the system and finally yesterday it froze on the Apple Logo screen. I have tried to boot it from disk, no help. tried single user mode, no help. Finally i have searched and come to know that this can be "localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[59]: starting" but don't know how to work with it. So if possible provide me the help regarding the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mac OS 10.5 - localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[59]: starting

ocspd performs caching and network fetching of Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs) and Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) responses. It is used by Security.framework during certificate verification. Security.framework communicates with ocspd via a private RPC interface. When Security.framework determines that a CRL is needed, or that it needs to perform an OCSP transaction, it performs an RPC to ocspd which then examines its cache to see if the appropriate CRL or OCSP response exists and is still valid. If so, that entity is returned to Security.framework. If no entry is found in cache, ocspdobtains it from the network, saving the result.
    To know more about OCSPD visit here.

Did you installed any third part application or patched something? If you have then might be that is creating the issue and you have remove the same. To remove the same use -x which will force start the Mac and remove the same. This technique is fully functional as you will miss some of the functionality of the Mac. So remove the application and try the normal start.

I am having the same problem with the device of mine which stuck up on the Apple Logo screen. to resolve the issue i have gone through the removal of the Removed Logitech Control Center which i had installed previously and there is no more issue. So suggest you to check whether there is any software conflict with the device of your or not.

Did you installed EFI Studio on the Macbook? As i have heard the problem of freezing is caused by most of the system because of the EFI Studio. To get rid of this problem you have to boot your device in safe mode and then re-write the EFI Strings which will let you work with the device of yours without any issue.

I was also having the same issue regarding which i have tried lots of thing but nothing was working for me. Finally i have visited the Apple store and discussed the problem of mine. They called up the engineer and they resolved the issue of mine. So if you can then take the help from the Apple only. I hope this will work for you too.