Thread: OS 10.5 - Restore missing menu bar icons

OS 10.5 - Restore missing menu bar icons

I have recently done the downloading and installation of the latest security update for OS10.3.9 today and since performing so, the menu bar suddenly got disappeared. I have tried moving to System Preferences with the manual way to turn back on the missing components (i.e. airport, volume, ethernet connect etc.), but even after testing the boxes, the components got failed to reappear in the menu bar. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Re: OS 10.5 - Restore missing menu bar icons

That's not fine and I think you have to make some changes , the settings should be reconfigured again and for doing so .You have to go for the restart of the system that may perform the restore operation of your menu bar then afterwards repair the permissions with the help of Disk Utility. found in Applications/Utilities.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Thanks for your suggestion and I am glad to know that someone considered on my issue.I got your suggestion and then also tried to implement the same . I have tried the rebooting of my machine once the issue started but that didn't help for me . I also moved through the suggestion about your advice about the repairing permissions, but that also didn't work and seems infeasible for this very situation . Anymore fix or any advice would be appreciated ?

Thanks again,

Are you running with some other third party add-on which is intended to be shown into the menu bar? Uninstall or disengage this for now. If a reboot got failed to resolve this then you can go for so many things. In order from frequent to longest:

1. Create a new one user in Accounts for testing , log out and log into that new one account and find out if the menu bar displays there. If that is not going then;

2. From your Home directory, move to the Library and then Preferences, and destinate the file com.apple.finder.plist and move the same to the trash. Log out and log back in again. In case, if that is not working anymore then;

3. Launch the repair Disk from the Install disk.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

For operating Snow Leopard, you are able to navigate at the location suggested "/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras", and in that directory are all the system menu icons terminating with the extension ".menu". Browse the one which corresponds to the lost icon, and you have the icon back again.

I think, it can be helpful for you to handle this type of situation..

I am Sorry for this ,actually was away for the last couple of weeks. I have tried the initial two of the steps but there is no luck at all, although I am unable to try your another suggestion recently as I am living away from home recently and don't have any permission to my disks ... I will try moving to an Apple store sometime now, though thanks for all your help!