Thread: OS 10.5 Safari Crash After 10.5.2 Update

OS 10.5 Safari Crash After 10.5.2 Update

I am working on mac system and using safari browser. I got the update and done successfully without any issues between the procedure to download the updates and installation also . So,is it just me or does Safari seem to crash a WHOLE and a long after the 10.5.2 update ? I am suffering with the crashing of 5 to 10 times and it is going a long a day here lately.

Thanks for any helps ...

Re: OS 10.5 Safari Crash After 10.5.2 Update

I have done the updation last night to 10.5.7 and Safari currently and would not open. I am just considering that it might be one or all of my input managers . I trashed: lastsession.plist and cookies.plist. I didn't deleted anything in that because I was just thinking that somebody could read my crash report and tell me what's the problem that is crashing . There is something in the cache? I don't have any idea what cache get method indicates, but there is one thing in my mac HD cache which was last updated when I have done the updation to 10.5.7. By the way , I am not getting any suggestion nor clues to resolve this . If it is an input manager, do I delete the entire components , or what to do in this case to get rid from this issue ?

You should go for the following and I hope it would be helpful for you . Just check out through this procedure :

From the Safari Menu Bar, click on the Safari/Reset Safari.Choose the top 5 boxes and click on the reset button to accomplish this task. In case, if that seems incapable to do that then , try removing this file. com.apple.safari.plist

/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences. Move that file from the Preferences directory to the Trash, clean the Trash and reboot your Mac system. Try repairing the disk permissions. Open the Disk Utility. (Applications/Utilities) choose MacintoshHD in the panel on the left side,choose FirstAid and then click on the Repair Disk Permissions. Exit from the DU when it's completed and restart.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Mac OS X periodically executes background jobs that, in section, delete system files which are no longer required in this case. These tasks happened at specific times if the system is not running within the sleep mode. The tasks purge previous information from log files or remove specific temporary components.

One more thing, I didn't got the crash on X.5, 5.1 or 5.2. Does it happen when working with different applications requires to use different -2 resources ? Still treats as Safari has its share of issue .

Nope , mine just assumes to crash whenever it decides to. I am unable to seem to pinpoint this to one specific components and which causes Safari to go for the crashing zone and that makes me so crazy at the time of surfing on net using this browser . Hopefully it will get resolved soon. Is all of you running with pretty good luck with Firefox Beta 3?

Safari 3 is not working properly for me .Whenever I open the link on a new tab (Apple and making a click), or I close down the tab (apple + w); the program got crashes. Does someone have any suggestion how to resolve this? This is sure, the 3.0 update resolved my auto-fill related issue (not prompting to save form values); but it is sure is inconvenient. I have been working with the Firefox browser for days now, and I am not getting Safari in proper way, I love to use that.

If you are working with some Safari based add-ons like Safari Block or Saft plug-in , just be sure that you are running with the recently released versions. I also find that websites with the Flash seems to cause some kind of memory overflow in Safari . Probably notorious are Flash-dependent game websites : some of those games come up with the Safari enabled down quickly for me.