Thread: Saving WMV files from the web in Mac OS X

Saving WMV files from the web in Mac OS X

I am tyring to save some video files from internet directly but the same is not working here. There is some option showing up for downloading the video files but nothings works. I need some nice video downloaded for Mac system. I am using Mac OS X and I need a direct download tool from internet. I tried to save the entire page from internet but the video does not saves really.

Re: Saving WMV files from the web in Mac OS X

By clicking on the save as option the video comes your system hard drive. If that does not works then you might need to try a different browser. Or else there is another alternative for the same. It is called as Streaming Video Recorder for Mac that can help you download video from internet. You can download the trail of this software and test the same. I am using this from long time and it works fine.

Download and install iShowU. It is not a video downloader but a screen capture software. So here you just need to play video on your screen and this software directly copies the entire screen and put the same in your hard drive as a video. It can also take images and the quality provided by this tool is really awesom. Try a free version of this software first and then decided to get the full person.

I am using Flash Video Downloader on my Mac system. Itis a software that helps you easily batch download and save Flash videos from most video sites. You can use any site and download the flash video from that. It automatically checks for new version and so you does need to search for a the updates. It downloads the vides automatically and you does need to worry about the codec issue.

I am not sure about any perfect tool but VideoDownloader is a nice option for that. It can overcome the disadvantage of many video sites community and download the same from your browser downloader. It is a online site which offers an extension for Mozilla Firefox which further facilitates the task: here, no need to copy / paste the URL of the video, simply click on the icon of the extension, added to the tray Firefox when watching a video.

Yes if you are not able tod download any online streaming video and audio then you can try out VideoDownloader site. Just put the site url and a pop-up appears for the download. The file appears and you simply click on the Download link. And then you get a download box on your screen which prompts you to save the file. You will be using a compatible player for playback which is necessary.

There are some ready made plugins which comes with the browser for such downloads. Like Downloadhelper for Firefox which is the most easiet tool I found. It can get any video and image from the site. If you are looking for more free solution then iSkysoft is a nice choice for the same. It automatically detects the video on the pages and offers to download them completely. It is compatible with HD video MP4 Youtube.