Thread: Uninstalling Flip4Mac WMV Player

Uninstalling Flip4Mac WMV Player

I am searching for some help for uninstalling Flip4Mac WMV Player. In my Mac OS, I am not able to view the WMV files properly with this particular player because of which I installed another player. But, it seems that there are some conflicts between the player in the system, since it is not allowing the other play to play the particular WMV files. When I try to play these files with the new player, Flip4Mac starts, that does not play them properly. Any help in this situation is very much appreciated.

Re: Uninstalling Flip4Mac WMV Player

There is a very simple method for uninstalling Flip4Mac WMV Player. Just follow the steps given below:
    1. Flip4Mac WMV Player has to be dragged and dropped to Trash.
    2. After that, you need to use Disk Utility for modifying the permissions of the player.

Once you have done this, this player will be removed from your Mac system completely.

For uninstalling Flip4Mac WMV Player, it is also required that you must remove its additional components from your system. Otherwise, its traces will remain as it is. Some of the components of Flip4Mac WMV Player are present at /Library/QuickTime/.

After that, check out in /Library/PreferencePanes. WMV Player will be present there too. I hope that after removing the components of the player from these places, you will get rid of the same completely.

I do not have an idea about Mac operating systems, as I am using Windows Vista. In my system, I use a tool called Speedup my PC. This tool keeps my system optimized and it also helps me to remove any installed applications and softwares in my system. Just check out if this particular tool is available for Mac operating systems or not.

I guess that I was very much lucky to get the tool called Speedup my PC for Mac operating systems. This is because I was not able to understand any of the other methods, as I am not very much used to this Mac OS. This is a very useful application, that has a variety of features like freeing up RAM and so on. Anyways, thanks for all the help.