Thread: Problem installing JRE

Problem installing JRE

Hello,
    I have recently upgraded my operating system to windows 7, so reinstalled Java. Since I had only problems with it. So I've (somewhat improperly uninstalled). Now I want to install a new Java version, but it is constantly in the install the error message that the software is already installed on the computer, but can not uninstall it, as constantly the message "There is one with this Windows Installer package indicate a problem before. A required DLL for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help?

Re: Problem installing JRE

You mean remove rather than software uninstallation, but folder? If there is probably nothing more than looking on everything that has to do with Java, and delete. Then proceed in the registry also Sun, with the help of the repair installation should proceed without the problem but the above pull-ups quick and easy. Have you tried it?

Well, firstly I'm almost starting in linux (I have the basics but am still not very comfortable), so sorry if my question is naive. Anyway I searched the forums and have found no solution. Here I am under Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft, and I try to install the Java Runtime Environment (jdk follow ...) So I downloaded from the website of the sun install file (jre-6-linux-i586-rpm.bin), I run. It unpacks the rpm, it tries to install in the wake, and then boom! error message not sympathetic.

It must be said that the software packages of ubuntu are not in the form of RPM but as *. deb (deb for debian). It is better to use synaptic to download and install software for ubuntu especially for a beginner. The RPM for Redhat, Mandriva and Suse can be done.

The problem is that Java 6 is not available in the repositories. I think I saw a post about it in Tips. Me I use java-package with a modified script (for v.6) to create a deb, but in the post in question it is explained how to install the Bin. If you go to version 5, it uses clear deposits.

The following situation: when I try to set up a new machine in vain JRE for XP Home SP3 set up, installation all during the experiment, the core files to decompress broken. What blocks it? I have tried with firewall turned off and turned off virus scanners, online and offline, it does not matter time and again to the above errors. worked on a computer that other similar problems ...

I have googled it and am with chip've found with the online program-_jxpinstall_ and in the offline java program _jre-6u15-windows-i586-s.
    In both cases, the installation runs normally to decompress the core files (note to the window to open office). Since then with the error message that the decompression does not work.