Thread: OS 10.4 - what is microsoft AU daemon

OS 10.4 - what is microsoft AU daemon

I have in my login items Microsoft AU Daemon inside my mac system. I am not aware about this and I ahd not also installed the same. I have successfully installed the Snow Leopard. Now my nerves at every startup this message. And after upgrading I want to know that does it is necessary to install the Microsoft AU daemon. If yes then what are the ways for that.

Re: OS 10.4 - what is microsoft AU daemon

It comes in your system via Update.If you are removing the entry then you might need to disable automatically check for updates. AU is expected to have Auto Update, so this is the service that shows you when new updates are available for your Office. Should be deactivated in the settings. Once done just reboot and then check back again it will not come again in your system.

How many of you know, the new MBP an Intel graphics card and an Nvidia. The MBP is to switch between the two cards when graphic intensive programs will be started. Now I've installed the tool gfxCardStatus and was surprised when my MBP has just started, that the Nvidia card is used. I then quit all programs to find out what program needs the Nvidia card. When I have the Microsoft AU Daemon the graphics card has been changed from Nvidia to Intel. So the conclusion for this is that Microsoft AU Daemon switches add the Nvidia card.

It is at the Microsoft Auto Updater daemon that checks all over the regularity of a fix for the Office suite is available or not. Since he Rosetta is required then you would like to re-install the package. That you should make with confidence because you do for an ever stay up to date and on the other, from time to time are programs that are not yet available as Universal Binary.

Since yesterday evening I have a big issue with my Msn Mac OS X. There is a constant Bug on my system. When I uninstall the msn on my mac, emptying my trash the following message appears Unable to perform the following operation the element Microsoft Messenger Daemon.rsrc is used. So far I do not know what Microsft Messenger Daemon is and never installed the same.

I had the same problem on msn when suddenly I had a pop-up that is opened offering me to download msn for mobile and I also updated my system and over my contact list I found this error. I was just searching for some details there. For fixing this I used finder in order to locate the daemon content of MSN Messenger for Mac and I find some file. I deleted that and now the pop up is gone.

In my opinion you have no virus. You just simply to illustrate the operation of msn and a small daemon that runs in your back is causing the mess. You can simply get rid of the same. I strongly discourages MSN for what you have described, the security vulnerabilities that this messaging client generates holes in your system and because of that you get such error. It is a update which you need to delete.