Thread: Error ApphangB1 Movie maker 2.6

Error ApphangB1 Movie maker 2.6

Dear All

While working with windows movie maker 2.6 in windows 7 ultimate , i am getting error ApphangB1, please suggest me what to do
    Prasanna Kulkarni
    RIL-KK

Re: Error ApphangB1 Movie maker 2.6

Have you tried to open Movie Maker and go to >> Tools / Options / Compatibility tab and from their unchecking all the filters. I would also suspect that you have an issue with incompatible source files...the most reliable formats to use are:

Photos - bmp
    Video - wmv or dv-avi
    Music - wma, wmv, wav

This looks some kind of virus issue in your system. You have to scan your system with MSE and check back. I had seen a few similar threads which are based on the same problem. Most of them notifies that this is a virus problem and you require to check for any infected stuff in your system. You can later on download a process explorer program to find out information on all background application. Hijackthis will be a good tool for the same. This tool will give you clear information on many background processes. Try to run system restore to stop the error.

The error which you are facing is also linked with Internet Explorer. I got that on the web browser. My system was also freezing a lot. The last thing I did is follow some troubleshooting steps from a KB article and it worked. If this error is causing slow system then you have to remove third party programs in your system. There can be some which can be responsible for the error. Sometime this applications conflict with others and cause the issue. System restore will only stop the error for temporary period. It won't give you permanent option. You have to locate the app which is causing this issue.