Thread: Can't export to Panels folder

Can't export to Panels folder

I didn't got this issue before and suddenly occurred when I was just doing some installation and implementation of the application components . Whenever, I try and export a new one panel to the CS4 Panels directory. I always getting sucgh type of error message that it failed, Error 3003. Why? Do you have any suggestion to solve it out !!!

Re: Can't export to Panels folder

You have to be care about something here before going to going to expoprting means you have to save it in the initial step ? It seems very interesting that the panel gets saved in C:/documents/configurator/ but the export functionality (which is included with its sub-elements ) moves to C:/program files/adobesc4/plugins/panels. I would consider it as would not export unless got saved first.

Hey, well suggested but there should be something that needs to care about. If you launched the Configurator on Windows Vista platform ,then you have to just please start the same as the configuration as "Run as Administrator" mode. You can get the same from the start programs menu and then right click on the "Run as administrator"..

Since configurator require export panel within the directory suggested as C:/program files/adobe/adobe photohshop cs4/plugins/panels. Vista "User Account Control" doesn't allow the user granted to modify this directory with the default account.

This problem occurred just because of the InDesign CS5 installer will not generate the "Panels" directory , that is the target export directory of Configurator 2.0. This is the default behavior when you done the export of a panel for InDesign CS5 32bit, Configurator will generate the "Panels" directory for you. But for 64bit dependent system, you have to make the "Panels" directory with the manual way by yourself and the default location for this would be as follows : "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5\Plug-ins\Panels"

And when you started to export panel , you have to browse this directory in the manual method then after it will remember such location for another export action.

Hi experts ! I need some help to figure out some issues of mine and the suggestion to solve this. Actually, I have recently finished my first panel and running with the same issues as stated by another member above . I have installed the windows 7 on my computer system, and have tried launching this as administrator of the system. I continuously receiving the error message that configurator cannot export the panel. Anybody here can help me out from this issue ?

You can use the following steps to resolve out the issues that you are getting as the message . First, you have to move to your InDesign CS5 installation directory specified as C:\program files\adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5\Plug-Ins

Make a new one directory with the name as "Panels"(C:\program files\adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5\Plug-Ins\Panels). When you start to export the panel, choose a temp directory as C:\temp in the browse directory to save the dialog. Then after click on the "OK" button . You can search out a new one directory as C:\temp\<Your Panel Name>. Finishing your search, click on "My Computer" icon and browse the location as C:\temp, copy <Your Panel Name> folder and also paste the "Plug-ins\Panels" directory in your InDesign CS5 installation directory.