Thread: iTunes Error 13026

iTunes Error 13026

I am facing the problems with an iTunes. This is the new update to itunes on mac I have a problem when I run the application an error message says: itunes application could not be opened. unknown error occurred (13026). And I do not understand how to find the unknown error!! I think that there should be more people who are having this problem. If anyone had managed to sort this out, please tell me how to do it.!!

Re: iTunes Error 13026

The error that you have mentioned can emerge even after a successful install of iTunes. Patrons have tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes but the iTunes error 13026 will generally endure. The solution to decipher iTunes error 13026 is to minimally close iTunes and find the file called iTunes Genius.itdb and delete this file. Then when you reopen iTunes you should be thriving and no longer see the iTunes 13026 error. This error is known to influence users of Windows XP and Windows Vista. If you are having dilemma finding the file iTunes Genius.itdb look in this folder but replace the "username" with your own username on your PC.
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes

If the process mentioned by the 'Tweaker' is not helping you, then you should try to uninstall the application of iTunes. After complete uninstallation, proceed to install that application again. If that is also not working, then try to update the application. I am sure that something will work.

I just Had a similar (scary) problem with iTunes refusing to open one year with Vista error 13026 as well, Even after removing and reinstalling iTunes Completely from scratch. Your suggestion of deleting the "iTunes Library Genius.itdb" File Appears To Have Solved Instantly my problem and I can now launch iTunes again. Many thanks.

I was having some problems while removing the Genius.itdb file. So thought to provide some tips that can be useful for all those who are facing similar issues. Close iTunes, and investigate all your hard drives for "iTunes Library Genius". Conceivably you have more than one copy, if you utilize numerous iTunes libraries. Make sure You Have FULL control over Vista in the parent folder WHERE it resides where. Now try deleting it again and restartng iTunes.