Thread: LightRoom 3 Slow Rendering

LightRoom 3 Slow Rendering

It seems that many of the features that were very useful in LightRoom 2 have been removed in this new version, that LightRoom 3. Because of this, I am facing a problem of LightRoom 3 Slow Rendering. Actually, I was very much used to the Super Zoom option. When I simply open any image, I cannot get the whole view of the image, without zooming into it. Is this a genuine situation being faced? Please reply soon. I am waiting for probable comments. My computer is running the Windows XP operating system.

Re: LightRoom 3 Slow Rendering

The LightRoom 3 Slow Rendering is a genuine case faced by you. There is no need to worry. This is a new feature that has been added into the new version. If you need the old feature back into LightRoom 3, then it is required that you must request about the same to the officials. Post this request on the official site or send them a mail. They will respond back to you about their decision on this request.

Mention about the advantages that the users will be having on including this old feature into LightRoom 3. I have also tried using LightRoom 3 and the Slow Rendering problem of the application is very much irritating. Actually, the image panning has become very slow when this super zooming feature is removed.

There is a possibility that the officials will ask for a poll from their users to check out the demand for this feature. If the poll is positive, then another version of LR will be released soon, that has this feature embedded.

According to me, the LightRoom 3 has been released by the officials as a testing version only. This means that this is not the full version, that contains all the features of the application. I hope that the solution for this problem with opening the image in its default size will be provided by the officials soon. I have checked out the web and found out that there are many users complaining about this problem.

I am also using LightRoom 3 in my system, but I have not seen any Slow Rendering problems with it. Also, the images are loading fine in it. I suppose that there are some issues with the copy of the software that you are having. I recommend you to download another copy of this software. Make sure that no installation errors are encountered. For this purpose, do not keep any other program or application running in the background of the installation.

Hello JonathanD,
    You must have not used LightRoom 2 and this is why you cannot see anything missing in LightRoom 3. If you get used to LightRoom 2, then you will know about the missing features in LightRoom 3. The users here who have used LightRoom 2, including me, are all experiencing this same issue with the Slow Rendering and panning of the images.
    There is nothing can be done, but expect the release of some fix for this issue soon.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions on this issue of LightRoom 3 Slow Rendering. Yes, I am unaware about the older version of this application. Anyways, I am using this version and I am already facing many difficulties with it already. I guess that I will go with the older version, that is LR2, that you guys have mentioned about. I hope to get the same help in the future.