Thread: LightRoom 3 is not releasing memory

LightRoom 3 is not releasing memory

I have recently downloaded the beta version of LightRoom 3 to check out how it works with the Windows 7 operating system. Well, the weird situation that I am facing is that LightRoom 3 is not releasing memory. I am not able to understand why this is happening. My computer is running with 4 GB RAM. Almost the entire resources of the system is used up when there are no other processes going on within the system. Please provide some help.

Re: LightRoom 3 is not releasing memory

I have encountered the same problem with the test version that LightRoom 3 is not releasing memory in Windows 7. I am able to run multiple programs in my system along with LR3. But, the issue is that when I stop any of the process, the amount of resources used by that process is taken up by LR3. I guess that it has some conflict with Windows 7.

According to me, the problem that LightRoom 3 is not releasing memory is not being caused because of any problems between the Windows 7 operating system and the software. I have seen that the beta versions of almost all the applications and softwares have one problem or the other. The reason is that it is just made for testing purpose. They are not complete programs. Thus, it is recommended that the beta versions must never be used.

Inorder to know whether an incompatibility problem is resulting in the situation that LightRoom 3 is not releasing memory, it is required that the hardware and software evaluation wizard must be run in the system. You will get a list of all the compatibilities and incompatibilities, that are installed in the system. Just check out where LightRoom 3 is listed among these components.

LightRoom 3 is not releasing memory is a problem caused by the application itself. I suggest you to stop using it as soon as possible because there is a possibility that it can harm your system. It will be better if you roll back to the older version, that is LightRoom 2. Do not change to the newer version until all the bugs and problems from it are removed. There will be an official announcement regarding the same.