Thread: Enable screen option in acrobat pro

Enable screen option in acrobat pro

Hello,
    I use Adobe Acrobat version 9.3.2 on Mac Pro and am having trouble with to enable the option to write the text in form fields visible on the screen and printing. Indeed, when creating the fields of my form, when I go into the properties of a field, under the 'General' tab, it does not offer me that 4 visibility options:
    Visible screen
    Invisible to the screen
    Visible on the screen, invisible to the impression
    Invisible to the screen, visible when printed

I chose therefore visible on the screen and it works fine on my Mac, the text I put in the field is clearly visible on the screen and in print. However, when I send my form to someone on the PC that opens with Adobe Reader, it manages to see the text on the screen but it is not visible when printed. Anyone have the solution to my problem please?

Re: Enable screen option in acrobat pro

The option you choose is the right one: Visible on the screen (and therefore visible to the press). Have you tried on another computer to be on already that the problem would not the settings of Adobe Reader on the PC that is used to read the document? On another Mac and another PC? That would reduce the search field for this problem.

Thank you for your prompt response. Yes I tried it on several PCs, we sent our form to two clients and both had the same problem. I will still refer to someone with a PC to test and if it works I will keep you informed.

Perhaps this is because the rights are not enabled in Adobe Reader. This prevents the registration form. Try to activate the rights with the command EXTEND THE FUNCTIONS OF ADOBE READER in the ADVANCED OPTIONS menu. This would explain why it works in the PRO version and not in Adobe Reader.

It was indeed a problem with rights that were not activated for Adobe Reader. I followed your instructions and it solved my problem, thank you for your replies.