Thread: PDF toolbar does not work in IE 7 on Vista

PDF toolbar does not work in IE 7 on Vista

I have installed an Adobe Acrobat 8 on my 64 bit Vista system and i am using an Internet Explorer 7 on my pc. Actually the problem is with the pdf toolbar as there are few submenus on the drop down menu of my browser but when i click on those submenus then nothing happens. Actually i want to convert a webpage to pdf so can anybody tell me how can i do it?

Re: PDF toolbar does not work in IE 7 on Vista

I guess there must be some kind of problem either with the browser which you are using on your system or with the plug in which you have added to your browser. I think you should try the same thing by using some other browser or you may reinstall the same browser on your system and then add this pdf toolbar again to check that the problem still persists or not.

A PDF that you generate from a web page is just opens as a HTML source that it is based on. For example, if the web page is containing the tables for its layout design then the HTML code for the table possibly will not stream in the same logical reading order as required by a tagged PDF, Even if the HTML code would be structured enough to show all the elements correctly in a browser.

To produce the most accessible PDFs from web pages you create, first establish a logical reading order in their HTML code. For best results, employ the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines that are published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
    In Acrobat, choose File > Create PDF > From Web Page, enter the web page address, and then click Settings.

Once you have added the PDF toolbar on your Internet Explorer then you need to click on the drop down menu arrow which will be showing you different submenus. Here you have to select for the Preferences. Then switch to the General tab where you have to select for the Create PDF Tags, and then click OK. You may mention some other options as well but be appropriate about them and then click on Create.

I have added this toolbar on my Google Chrome browser and it works without any problem. Actually the problem would be with the browser which you are using on your system. Anyway, You need to change the browser's version or you may try using the same toolbar on some other browser. Try changing the setting on the browser as well as with the toolbar which might help you solving your problem.

In order to update your PDFCreator toolbar, please follow these steps.
    1. First of all uninstall the PDFCreator from your system by going to an Add or Remove Programs from Control Panel.
    2. Now reboot your machine.
    3. Download the PDFCreator and then its toolbar.
    4. Make sure that you are installing the latest version of the toolbar.

I think you should try re enabling it for which you have to open an Internet Explorer 8 and then go to the Tools where you can manage Add Ons. Here you have to select for the PDFCreator Toolbar add-on adn simple click on Disable. Now just close it and then you may exit Internet Explorer windows. Check that this helps you or not.