Thread: Mac-to-PC Font Shift

Mac-to-PC Font Shift

I am suffering with a hard time tracking down some solid information on the font shift which happens when using a FLA file among a Mac and a PC. From some accounts, it has been a issue for a while. We are executing CS3 and it is still occurring the issue . It is great except that it does not involve into the account that the displacement is associate with the pt. size of the font and only sifts fonts with a decided pixel value. Does somebody here are aware about some different workarounds or of Adobe's plan to resolve it ?

Re: Mac-to-PC Font Shift

Hi everyone, I am also suffering with the font related issue where something created and deployed on a Mac and the font (Zurich) shows something different even though I am working with the exact font across platforms and I would need to be aware this. If you have already aware about anything new since you have first posted this thread .

Hi , We have already contacted to the Adobe for support but they had not heard of this but they suggested me that we are looking for this very issues and would reply as soon as possible but there is no any replies at all. And also, it is dependent on our in-house tests, embedding the font will drastically remove down on the shift which happens a lot of the time to the indicate out that this is not able to figure out . But I did got that some fonts are worse than different with a greater shift, even when these are embedded and I found a 1 to 2 pixel shift.

Thanks for starting the same topic because I am running with the same issue here . I am working on the same Mac to PC issue. When working with a default sans font, the capital letter W contains the top left third cut off when used at the starting of a text section . Well, when viewed in Mac, cut off when viewed in PC. I think, we are just having the same problem and looking for the solution related to this very issue .

If Adobe is unknown about this, which I am actually in doubt that how does one go about indicating them ??

I am completely sure that even if you work with the same TTF font file, it is still a issue . I figured out that there are some fonts which are worse than different . It is most likely has to perform with a default line height, or something in the font, but there is one thing which is actually supported me a lot was to embed with the fonts. The components which I was getting shift 5-10px sometimes were not off at all, and as about others, we off by only 1-2px.