Thread: Dev C++ on Windows 7

Dev C++ on Windows 7

I am currently using the Windows XP operating system. I want to know that whether Dev C++ on Windows 7 can be used or not. This is because I have heard that there are many incompatibility problems with this particular operating system. As I have a lot of work with the above mentioned application, I want the support of this software with Windows 7. I have decided to upgrade to Windows 7 because of which I am having this query. Please provide me with the required information as soon as possible.

Re: Dev C++ on Windows 7

You must know that the upgradation of Windows 7 cannot be done from Windows XP. You need to do a clean install of the same. I am mean to say that you will have to remove the remove the older files of the system by completely formatting it and only after that, install the new files of the Windows 7 operating system. After that you can know if the Dev C++ on Windows 7 is available or not with the help of the hardware and software evaluation tool.

I have checked out the internet and found out that there are no problems for running Dev C++ on Windows 7. Well, I have seen that the users are complaining that while using this application on Windows 7, it asks for weird permissions while working with the various options that are available for dealing with files. Anyways, just let me know if you face any such situations while using this application in Windows 7.

Even if Dev C++ can run on Windows 7, there can be problems with some of the features that are supported in the other operating systems. There is no need to worry if this is the situation. You can eradicate these problems with the help of the compatibility tool for this compiler. Almost all the applications and programs that are having incompatibility problems are provided with such compatibility tools. Search for this tool on the web. If you find it, then well and good, otherwise hard luck.

The compatibility mode is a solution that can be used to fix any incompatibility problem in the Windows 7 operating system. Actually, the option for troubleshoot compatibility helps you ton take the operating system in this mode when an application or program is running. You have to mention the problems that you are facing and apply the settings for the mode. You can also select the recommended settings that are given by the system for the application to run. This mode will be like the Windows XP mode or the Windows Vista mode and so on.

I have used the compatibility mode, that is the solution that is provided by Raine for the smooth functioning of Dev C++ on Windows 7. I selected the Windows XP mode and I am not facing any problems with the compiler. So, if anyone is encountering any problems with this compiler in the Windows 7 operating system, then setting the compiler in this mode will eradicate the issues being faced.