Thread: Flex builder Succesfully installed but how do i open it..?

Flex builder Succesfully installed but how do i open it..?

I have installed the flex properly on my ubuntu system and goes successfully but it is not present in the eclipse .I didn’t received any error log while making the installation of the same software .

This is my System Config:
    Eclipse version 3.2
    Adobe Flex Builder Plugin 3

I am not getting anything related to this on the net . How do I start flex in eclipse ? How to be sure that eclipse is installed properly ( any Command suggested form terminal ? or any means to check with browser just as tomcatserver?)

Re: Flex builder Succesfuly installed but how do i open it..?

I was having the exact issue after a proper installation, and Flex not getting displayed. In my situation , I had to perform the installation it as root since I had no writing permission to /usr/lib/eclipse where my root directory for eclipse is specified . Thus, launch the eclipse as common user would not show this. Did you used to access the eclipse as root, and find out if the 'Create Adobe Flex Project' was available within the other specified projects?

Yeah, mind-space advised you very, you have to install this.You have to just issue the following suggested command from the terminal window :

#sudo su
    #eclipse

Would allow you to issue this as root user and then after try to generate a new project and check out that if flex directory would displayed. Actually, I am also working on Ubuntu 9.04 .

I got a decent machine. ( something with dual-core and enough RAM memory). Some while, FlexBuilder prompt the "builder project" progress bar only when I browse a simple mxml file. It seems as he does some complex job... I don't queried for anything fancy. I just need the file to open within the text mode. Whenever, I press Ctrl+s, I fear the "building project who take forever" thing. I made disable the automatic build, but this is not so convenient in this way .

One more thing, more understandable. I got an Ant job who compile our code with the flexBuilderSdk. It consumes near about 2 min for 100 .as file and 20 .mxml file .

Re: Flex builder Succesfully installed but how do i open it..?

launching a Flex application is a the process of only 2 steps . In the primary stage , the MXML files are compiled into the similar ActionScript classes. If you associate the "-keep" compiler arguments then you will be able to get all these files in a directory suggested as "generated." After the AS3 classes are generated, then the AS compiler turns these into byte-code in the form of a .SWF file.

If you are running with a slow hard disk (as 5400 RPM laptop drive) that will also affect the activity on compilation. I would actually suggest you to make disable the "Build Automatically" and then use the CTRL-B when you need to build this .It is not a complex task to do that when you need to make, much better than waiting for a compile every time you replace a file