Thread: Flex and SOAP 1.2

Flex and SOAP 1.2

I have used the Flex builder 3 application and i am well aware that the Flex builder 3 application is not compatible with the SOAP 1.2 . can any body tell me whether a flash applications will be released which should be compatible with the SOAP 1.2 . If you are having any other ideas it would be better and will be appreciated.

Re: Flex and SOAP 1.2

The future version of Flex (code Gumbo) whose arrival is expected this year announced support for the latest versions of SOAP and WSDL standards. There is a bug about it has been opened on the Adobe JIRA. This indicates that the problem of compatibility between Flex Builder and WSDL JAX-WS is the non-implementation by FB SOAP 1.2 or WSDL 2.0. The new versions compatible with these protocols require a change in the SDK and in January (see JIRA) it was stated that this feature is deferred to Gumbo The bug is closed as fixed in Flex 4!

It only remains to wait for Flash Builder 4 (yes he changed his name, and yes it is less class) and test everything. Meanwhile, the alpha version is being DL by yours truly, who will inform you whether or not the correction of this aberration will be available. Hope you will get the required version soon. I think it will be released shortly.

It is with some disappointment (and some excitement) that I discovered the poor quality of the WSDL import tool in Flex Builder 3. I was not expecting this kind of gap from my faith this IDE very successful. I tried to respect the state of the art using JAX-WS to make web services and WSDL import tool in Flex Builder 3 to be able to eat from my Flex application. But contrary to what might have believed, this is not so simple.

I wonder what implementation of technology could transmit SOAP messages in version 1.2 including enrichment of soap message through various intermediaries to the ultimate receiver. Axis 1.x and 2.x allow it. What is the best free implementation now affordable, not too complex to implement. Also, is it possible that intermediate can add value in the SOAP message in its body?

We can consider that the links have unique function of bringing the user a new HTML page in the browser. It is their primary purpose and should remain their unique vocation. But rich Internet applications have the peculiarity that they have indeed only one who can change the page completely. Clicking a button in such an application can - even if the page address does not change - bring on another interface that could be considered as a new page.

JAX-WS 2.0 works with POJOs (Plain Old Java Object) and Java annotations Incidentally Annotation Web Service class for SOAP 1.2 is: BindingType (value = "http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap/bindings/HTTP/) In terms of work in headers or payload / body of the message, we speak of handlers. So using handlers, an interim receiver may have access to the content of the element body of the message received soap.

When developing a rich Internet application in HTML / AJAX, Flex or Silverlight, we are at the crossroads between web pages and rich applications. And when it comes time to add a button to the application, I always ask myself the question whether to put a button that looks like a button or a button that looks like a hyperlink.