Thread: InCopy CS4 and InDesign CS4 cannot open file at the same time!

InCopy CS4 and InDesign CS4 cannot open file at the same time!

HI there, I am going through a problem which i need to discuss with you. I am using the two editor for making the changes in the file that i am using. But let me tell you that when i am using the both the editor together it is not allowing the other to open. I can use one at a time. I am using the InCopy CS4 and InDesign CS4 which cannot open file at the same time. So help me if you can. Thank you.

Re: InCopy CS4 and InDesign CS4 cannot open file at the same time!

I am enable to get the issue of yours. What is your exact problem that i am unable to understand. Could you please let me know brief about your problem. What error you get while you are trying to open the file from the different PC. So provide me the detail so that i can get you with the proper solution of your problem.

Actually both the editor are working on the two PC which are running with the InCopy CS4 on one PC and InDesign CS 4 on another PC. They both share the same file from the server i.e. indd file. When one works on it then another one can not open the same file while attempting to open it getting the error regarding the same 'Cannot open the File". Thats it!!!!

As per your problem it seems that the Server of yours is not allowing to share the same file at a time that is why you are getting error while you are trying to open the same file that you are opening at a time. So check for the server configuration and see whether the problem got resolved or not. I think this will work.

I think it is better to contact the Adobe regarding the problem that you are going through as i have checked and come to know that the problem can be solved with the help of the Adobe only as they are having the expert who will go through the problem and give you the proper solution for same. Hope you will like it.

First of all thanks to all for helping out with the issue of mine which is regarding the InCopy CS4 and InDesign CS4 cannot open file at the same time! but let me tell you that nothing is working for me. So i have contacted the Adobe for this query and waiting for solution of them. I will update this thread if got any solution with this.