Thread: InDesign PDF, the Pantone colours look dull.

InDesign PDF, the Pantone colours look dull.

I began to Indesign and I started mainly on publications to the printer. Here is my problem, at first I color choices such that had done well on screen, but I realized recently that all colors are not printable. So if I go to photoshop I found the dull colors. Pantone 1245C except that I do not know what color it will give the end I think it a bit dull, is that I can put 0 in black to light one little thing. Basically how can I be sure that the color I see on the screen will be that of the printer? I think I understood that if there is such a small triangle "work" that means it's a color for the web but what does the little cube? Still I am not sure about this, so need your help regarding this problem. Please tell some solution for InDesign PDF, where the Pantone color looks dull.

Re: InDesign PDF, the Pantone colours look dull.

I am not sure about the solutions for your problem but I remember two things :
    • Even the supposedly color-printing does not necessarily stand out as on the screen, since gamuts screens are wider than those of the various printing methods
    • The whole chain must be calibrated, the various devices (assuming the printer as a device) must be understood, as a minimum by moving upstream to downstream.

Last but not least: all printing must be seen under a standard illuminant to be properly compared to the screen.

The simplest is to calibrate your screen, but also of getting a Pantone color chart (expensive, but you can do with your printer to offer), where the ordering on the site Pantone. There you'll be on the outcome, there are also swatches pantone color that gives you the pantone and cmyk correspondence And finally, InDesign works Quadri (cmyk mode in photoshop), unless you imposed the Pantone (the solid area of what).!! And for your printer, the easiest and send a high resolution pdf with its criteria.

Hello I created a document in Illustrator. Ai and CMYK for the printer and I record it as PDF. The problem is that when I open the PDF, the red substance of the document becomes very dull and does not resemble at all the original doc? I have tried to fix this problem but I was not successful and also I searched it on web, where I didn't get any appropriate results. So, now I am expecting some help from your side and hoping some help from you as early as possible.

If you want to blindly trust the AI to export you risk a few disappointments. Yesterday I spent my day in 150 files exported from AI versions PNG, JPEG, etc.. I had ironed everything in Photoshop to finalize them. In our case, it would be better in my humble opinion and to work in RGB separation after the PDF. I had exactly the same problem with FH. Vectorized CMYK> PDF = dull colors. RGB vectorized> PDF color = ok. Hope that you will get some hint from this post.

The problem is the exceptions. Also, if you speak of Pantone, this is more than the quad, I do not see the report. In which case could you have a profile problem with Pantone? You choose your printer your Pantone and then put the ink in his machine. The risk of error is near zero. Recall the principle for working in a CMYK document :
    • The display screen is still in RGB.
    • The display in Acrobat does not display in Illustrator.

Strangely, in AI, some file formats are generated
    • For the record: AI, PDF, EPS
    • For export: bitmap formats (JPG, EPS, TIFF, BMP, etc..) SWF, PSD, TXT ...

In each case, the options are different. I've just done a test at the moment with the "save as ..." PDF. It is not possible to check the box "embed ICC profile"!? So I have no color management.

It is quite possible to save directly to PDF in Illustrator without having pbs printing. But it depends on the RIP, its version of the file, the version of Illustrator, etc.. : What works in a precise configuration not necessarily work with another configuration, and therefore cannot become a universal ...: the only universal method to flash PDFs is to generate a PostScript printer with a virtual, and then distill it. If you have already experienced PDFs exported from Illustrator with TON and TA imagesetter RIP, or a printer * (* or more), and it works, nothing prevents you from continuing, but it is a method you 've experienced that under specific conditions, so it's not a universal method, and so it is best not to advise anyone without the necessary precautions.

The various upstream controls, and it is good practice to remove the + big problems before flashing ... but they do not always find all the problems, sometimes they do not show the reality of what comes out, and the eye of the controller is not 100% reliable sometimes in spite of everything checks out, problems are only seen on film (or plates), or draw ... or by the customer on the finished product. And it also happens that films are correct despite controls reporting problems and / or false previews. Or that two different control methods give you two different results and different movies.

It is a good way of working and effective, but (again) the BAT is not a 100% reliability, even if it is printed out from the raster RIP flash (I know, I am naturally pessimistic and paranoid ... but we must be realistic: it all works with software, so bugs ...). And when you find a problem in the draw, we must rebuild the flash (fixtures, copies), the machine stalls, etc.. : In general, it is pretty expensive. And you do not flash ... which means that between the time you give your PDF and when you checking out the paper, unless you are constantly remained beside the operator's pre-press " watch "what he does, you can not be absolutely sure that the operator failed to correct problems on your PDF, so you can not be absolutely sure that what you see on paper is exactly your original PDF ... (and therefore you can not say there's never a problem!)

But it is an option demonic! Because (like many things in the modern computer) to make users believe that unsophisticated (or a little too sure of themselves) and make a PDF, even for flash, it's so easy and that it just click a button and presto, like magic there is a PDF that pops up. And that's how the printers end up having to print PDF rotten inflashables, unprintable or simply not reliable because no matter how made, exported, "recorded by" directly out of Word or facts with button "PDF" of OS X with "software" free exotic found on the internet. And as the computer is unexpectedly jocular, sometimes the result is amazing.