Thread: InDesign CS4 Crashes when opening doc

InDesign CS4 Crashes when opening doc

I have problems since a week after crash with Adobe CS 4. I am also facing some problems with Illustrator and In Design.!! InDesign CS4 is crashing when creating a new Doc (Apple + N) or even when I am trying to open. For In Design is opening, export as PDF or during assembly. I am working on iMac Intel Core i5 under snow leopard 10.6.2. I have tried to do lot of things to sort out this issue but nothing worked for me. So thought that you guys can provide some help for me.

Re: InDesign CS4 Crashes when opening doc

"Anyone that's getting crashes Whenever the system tries to save or open docs should" try this :
    1. Start by opening System Preferences
    2. Select 'Sharing' from the Internet & Wireless Section
    3. From the list on the left choose 'File Sharing' and turn it off.
    4. Delete Anything listed in the Shared Folders section
    5. Turn Back on File Sharing
    6. Log Out, Then Log Back In
    7. Done!

For the Past Three Weeks I've Been Experiencing all of the common-Ever Since crashing Problems Installing SL. First year I Did upgrade over 10.5.8 (MacBook Pro 2.88GHz), and it started "I was dumped Into Immediately. Mainly the Adobe CS4 apps-all of them-purpose Seemingly Randomly Often at a save or export a year out to PDF. Lightroom and MS Office too, Though Much less often. Wiped Out of frustration I installed everything and had to clean freshly formatted drive, a couple days' work with all the crap I Have to run. The crashing PERSISTED-No Better No worse things, and I've been scratching my head Ever Since.

The Most Reliably unstable piece for me has been "Photoshop CS4's Image Processor script, and That Will not Run event in Rosetta mode. It would work correctly desired exactly ounces per boot-up. Every Time Subsequent Then, it would dump as soon as I set a different source directory for the images and closed source dir dialog. Before I could "hit" Run "it would dump me out-Every Time Until I rebooted. Then it would work again, desired exactly ounce. Imagine the lost time I'm his workflow. After I tried the Safe Boot, Then restart (I figure it's a simple fix if it works Enough, right? ... What's to lose? Immediately the Image Processor script runs perfectly! So far so good anyway. I just finished processing a series of sixteen 60-100 image-changing estate directories in source directories Each Time-with desired exactly zero dumps. Fingers crossed big time!

Photoshop CS3 Became Almost impossible to use and Until I read here CS4 That Was Also crashing I Was about to go out and pay the fortune for the upgrade. It crashed When saving files, a simple test Was to open a JPG or EPS, do something simple like resize and save as PNG Then, as soon as the last dialog cam up for the interlaced or not it crashed. Crashed XCode, Interface Builder crashed, crashed Photoshop, MS Excel crashed, it just reminded me of Windows except the application It was just not the whole that crashed machine. So, I very carefully read-through of all the messages in the "Problems with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: Join The (Sizable?) Minority" Discovered And Then post this. I Did Both Of The Above option, in fact I Did the second while in safe mode, rebooted and so far I can not get it to crash.

I just installed the main collection of Adobe CS4 on my desktop at work running the building 64-bit Windows 7 7100. The installation went perfectly, but I can not seem to run Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign. Other programs seem to work the job very well. The program will start, but once all the initialization is done and the application appears to be ready to use, it breaks. The only thing I get is " CS4 has stopped working. "The window will close, and voila. I tried to run applications in compatibility mode and as administrator in vain. I'm really at a loss about what I should do afterwards as this completely disables me at work. Does anyone can please help and give direction?

Have you tried to reinstall (after uninstall and a clean shot with eg CCleaner) to reinstall in safe mode.??
    1. Insert the InDesign / InCopy CD into the CD-ROM.
    2. Copy / InCopy InDesign CS4 folder on the CD InDesign InCopy / to the desktop.
    3. Move any personal files from the InDesign / InCopy folder and its subfolders.
    4. Select Start> Control Panel> Programs and Features.
    5. Select Adobe InDesign / InCopy CS4, and click Uninstall. Follow the instructions on the screen to remove InDesign / InCopy.
    6. Restart in Safe Mode
    7. Let the InDesign / InCopy installer in the directory / folder InCopy InDesign CS4, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
    8. Restart Windows in normal mode.

Onyx is a utility (rather necessary) to clean from time to time in your Mac .. To reset your pref Id (like most software suite CS) you keep your fingers well supported cmd + alt + shift (there are some who add the Ctrl key and more but it works without) with the other hand Id since you launched the dock (the best is to run it from his file, but it also works like that ..) you expect a warning window> ok one second (if you started your application for the dock)> ok .. This will definitely help you.

Above solutions DID not work, drank a combination has me back online. There Are Still A Few Things wonky (Can not completely disable guest account and Some Other stuff that just does not feel right), here's the purpose solution that WORKED for me.
    • In Network Preferences, deleted all locations. Last Rental Cannot Be deleted. Delete all services in left hand pane. Rename this last = remaining lease as 'dead' so you do not use it by accident. Be sure to 'apply' the settings Before Continuing.
    • Re-start in Safe Mode (holding down 'shift' DURING re-start Until You see a black progress bar below the Apple logo on the startup screen).
    • Under-Check to make sure Network Preferences all locations are deleted and Still the One Is Still named = remaining 'dead'! If not, repeat the first step. It is one of my machines, my old lease names and reappeared had to be deleted again! If your settings reposer blank, then continue on.
    • Re-start the machine again (in regular mode).
    • Go to Network Preferences and add a new location! Do not use the 'dead' rent. You want to start fresh completely. Under your new rental, You May Now adds normally services.

I hope this works for you! As I Said, I still do not feel my MacAir gold completely my MacPro are running at 100% goal we're back online and I am now able to configure a new base station and get everyone back online at work.

The Most Reliably unstable piece for me has been "Photoshop CS4's Image Processor script, and That Will not Run event in Rosetta mode. It would work correctly desired exactly ounces per boot-up. Every Time Subsequent Then, it would dump as soon as I set a different source directory for the images and closed source dir dialog. Before I could "hit" Run "it would dump me out-Every Time Until I rebooted. Then it would work again, desired exactly ounce. Imagine the lost time I'm his workflow. After I tried the Safe Boot, Then restart (I figure it's a simple fix if it works Enough, right? ... What's to lose? Immediately the Image Processor script runs perfectly! So far so good anyway. I just finished processing a series of sixteen 60-100 image-changing estate directories in source directories Each Time-with desired exactly zero dumps.