Thread: Placing MS Word to InDesign CS4

Placing MS Word to InDesign CS4

The Hyphenation and Align to Baseline Grid instructions do not stay set if the ID document is saved, closed, and re-opened. I have placed a Word doc into an InDesign doc by means of sensible problem, additional than have at present encountered something that I have comprised to been not capable to locate a solution to fix. I determine to close the Word doc, place it into InDesign, create a number of changes to the formatting of the text, save changes, close the InDesign doc, re-open the InDesign doc, and two instructions in particular did not maintain during the save: removing the hyphenation toggle and align by means of baseline grid.

Re: Placing MS Word to InDesign CS4

I have a comparable difficulty in this application. The hyphenation toggle and align to baseline grid are situated in the paragraph module. I have comprised to unchecked the hyphenate command, chosen align to grid, saved the doc, additional than they do not maintain. How be able to I get these two instructions to continue set so that I do not have to reset them every time when I open the ID document.

Did you do this physically or situate it as part of a paragraph style. Is the Word file connected. If so, unlink it. Is this a tribulations by means of the text that's previously positioned, or you expect it to be set mechanically for innovative text you add. I had formerly set my imported Word style to be based on my original paragraph style, additional than it was not set correctly. At present it is, and the formatting is retained.

You seem to have to contain this solved, additional than in case you do not be familiar with, there is a hierarchy to settings and how they be relevant. By means of something selected, the settings apply merely to the selection. In a document by means of nothing selected, innovative settings become the defaulting for the document, additional than do not have an effect on existing content unless you modify it. By means of no documents open, the innovative settings become application defaults for innovative work, additional than do not affect existing documents.

When I create a text box in InDesign and then select place and hit it off on a MS WORD File and place it, it goes right in similar to magic. Regrettably however,. Every quotation mark, comma and so forth demonstrates up as a diminutive square box. How do me proper this. Secondly, when I create a text box and place text in it, it does not fill the box. It indents the entire column regarding a 1/4 inch to the right of the actual text box frame. I am able to go to the top of the page and back it off and it fills the box. Additional than, I am figuring there is a method to modify the defaulting indent and eliminate it completely.

In the Place dialog there's a diminutive box you be able to create certain to "Demonstrate Import Alternatives" which determine to open an additional dialog when you hit it off OK where you be able to set style mapping, protection of formatting and comparable characteristics. If you leave it unchecked you be able to get the import alternatives by selecting the file to open, then grasp down the Shift key when you hit it off OK.

For your second tribulations, by means of nothing selected, activate the text tool and eliminate the left indent that's been set. You be supposed to create certain this by means of nothing open, too. several settings you create by means of no document open become the defaulting for innovative work, settings completed with an open document and nothing selected become defaulting for a innovative work in that document.