Thread: InDesign 2.x Unexpectedly Quits During Startup

InDesign 2.x Unexpectedly Quits During Startup

I have installed the InDesign 2.02 on my Mac PowerBook G4 and operating system using as Mac OS X v10.4.11. It is a small display, 1GHz model with 768 MBytes RAM memory . I rarely work connected into a 1600 x 1200 pixel monitor. Last year, I was suffering with the issues with InDesign quitting when I tried to save a file being worked on. It was a stuck for me but I know that somehow working around the issue. There maybe exported file.

I have just tried to working with InDesign again. Same as some different postings, when InDesign started up, it automatically got quit whenever the splash screen statement "Executing startup services ...".

Re: InDesign 2.x Unexpectedly Quits During Startup

Yeah ! There are so many users are getting such type of issue and posted a lot on different sites but you know this causes because of the internal components installed with the Adobe application. When you start the Adobe InDesign or Adobe InCopy, the application automatically crashes, freezes, or quits with one of the below suggested errors messages :

1. The application Adobe InDesign has unexpectedly quit.
    2. The application Adobe InCopy has unexpectedly quit.

To consider about the appropriate fix for such type of issue , you need to search the system's crash log for particular text strings.

1. From TextEdit, open up the crash log within the Home/Library/Logs/CrashReporter.
    2. Select Edit menu and choose Find => Find.
    3. Type getdesignvector in the search box, and then click on the Next.
    4. If the find results showing the same text string as you have issued in step 3 then you have to just finish the Action Field.
    5. Next, type ZN5adobe1q8QBStream4GoodEv in the search box.
    6. If the find results shows the text string that you have typed in step 5, then you need to go for the Action Field .

Action Field : The update and installation guidelines are available on the Adobe official site at : www.Adobe.com/downloads .

In this case,there is another element that causes the issue and located in the installation directory of yours. You have to delete all those components from the system and then check out the application status . Just go through the steps suggested below :

Search out the Adobefnt10.lst, from the windows installed driver and then type the name of the file as suggested and then click on the Search button. Then after select Edit and Select All, drag the selected files into the Trash. select Finder => Empty Trash. Now, it's time to launch the InDesign and go ahead ..

Maybe this is the exact problem here that affects CS/CS2: they started crashing after completion of the installation Acrobat 8.2 or 8.2.1.

A while before , I got a solution through I can restore some components in the 'Application Support' directory (Acrobat was mucking little bit up in a shared section , and that caused InDesign CS/CS2 to freezing at startup procedure), but apparently, there is currently an Acrobat 8.2.2 to resolve the problem. If you installed the Acrobat 8.2 or 8.2.1, this could be the similar problem.

Replace the associated files available into the location “/Library/Application Support/Adobe/TypeSpt/Unicode/Mappings/” directory ..

• Just download the Mac.dmg file to a system where the problem occurred.
    • Exit from entire Adobe applications
    • Double Click on the Mac.dmg file to mount this .
    • Copy Mac directory from mounted image.
    • Paste this into the location suggested /Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/TypeSpt/Unicode/Mappings/.
    • A message would be displayed which will confirm you for replacing the existing 'Mac' directory . Replace the 'Mac' directory .
    • Open up the Illustrator or InDesign CS or CS 2.

Where do you find the mac.dmg file. I am having this same problem and since this software is kinda old....abobe doesn't have this required update anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by monknaround View Post
    Where do you find the mac.dmg file. I am having this same problem and since this software is kinda old....abobe doesn't have this required update anymore.
    You can install the Acrobat 8.2.2 update. The update can be downloaded by launching Acrobat and choosing Updates from the Help menu. Or, download the update directly from the appropriate link below:

Updates - Adobe Reader for Macintosh from here

Updates - Acrobat for Macintosh from here